Anyone needing furniture?

Andyrob

I'm moving back to Scotland soon, and selling everything in my house. Ive got a fully furnished 4 bed at the moment, and need to get rid of the lot.

Lounge furniture, beds, sofas, dining set, appliances, garden equipment - everything you could need. Some of it is advertised on Gumtree but it's proving quite slow there. Happy for people to come round and view what I've got, or I can send photos if you want to see something in particular.

Its all fairly new stuff - oldest is 2 years, up to a queen size ben which is only 6 months old.

PM me if interested

Andy

Just to update, a lot of stuff is gone

Still have a few items left:

bed and bedroom furniture

2 bikes - $250 / $50

dish washer - $100

tumble drier - $100

microwave - $180

21" tv - $100

nespreso coffee machine - $250

gas heater - $300

What sort of gas heater would that be Andy?? I am interested as mine died at the end of the winter and being a pensioner I nearly passed out at the cost of newbies when I went to replace it at Good Guys!!

Guest Elaine32

Hello where are you based? Thanks.

I'm moving back to Scotland soon, and selling everything in my house. Ive got a fully furnished 4 bed at the moment, and need to get rid of the lot.

Lounge furniture, beds, sofas, dining set, appliances, garden equipment - everything you could need. Some of it is advertised on Gumtree but it's proving quite slow there. Happy for people to come round and view what I've got, or I can send photos if you want to see something in particular.

Its all fairly new stuff - oldest is 2 years, up to a queen size ben which is only 6 months old.

PM me if interested

Andy

I know a lot of people usually ask why you're moving, is it just work related or homesick? I am trying to convince the wife to go to Scotland as there seems to be quite a few jobs out there for piping designers which is what I do. She's not so keen which I can understand, but it's a case of staying here and getting bits and pieces over the next 12 months or going to Scotland and securing a long term role there whether it be at Grangemouth or in Aberdeen. It's going to be tough going here for the forseeable future I think.

To be honest Phil, I'm going back because of work. Been looking for a job here for 3 months and getting nothing at all back. So I'm just burning through cash.

Scotland is doing quite well at the moment, not suffered as much as the rest of the UK. And the oil & gas side has never halted. It's only going to get bigger in that market as they keep discovering new reserves. If the independence goes through, there may be a few bumps along the way, but I believe Scotland would come out the other side a better and more economically stable country because of it.

The winters will be a shock to the system though - not looking forward to that!!

Well I don't blame you for going. My wife and I finally came to a mutual decision today that we're all going to Ireland or the UK. Can't afford to fund 2 residences in different countries. So now we have to go hell for leather to get everyones passports as I am the only one who has one and get the house packed up and stored away for when we return. Time to hound a few agents in Scotland and see if I can get in amongst the Oil & Gas in Aberdeen.

Just to boost this again. I still have some stuff left.

Queen size bed $800

Bedroom furniture $300

Men's bike $250

Woman's bike $50

Dishwasher $100

21" TV $100

Will also accept reasonable offers for things. I need it gone by the 5th March

Hope all you amazing people can help!!

• 2 weeks later...