Accept the offer or not???

travelchic

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how long the process takes once you accept an offer. Thinking of taking jonny out of school in the May half term and not taking him back. Making the move then. Hopefully contracts will have been exchanged, and I'll have given my notice in work. My friend said jonny and me can crash at hers if we have to move out of the house before we fly. Do you think that'll work out about right. Don't want jonny to go back after the half term and leave part way through the last half term. He'll be out of school for a while but he won't be having a summer holiday until the December so I don't feel to bad about that.

Debs

Well, I've been reading this since yesterday, feeling your pain and confusion, and I've come home today to find out we've agreed a sale on our house and I missed it all because I didn't check my emails. We're having major building work done in my department and we've taken out half the pc's so I've not checked my emails since first thing this morning. I don't get a phone signal either so Rich sorted it all. We're a few hundred pounds from our bottom limit and we've thrown in the cooker (one less things to put on Gumtree) but I'm hopeful she's worth it. Single chick, first time buyer, huge cash deposit and a mortgage offer in place. Apparently there was a lot of back and forth about the price, but we'll get what we need for the move. One step closer x

Does anyone know how long the process takes once you accept an offer. Thinking of taking jonny out of school in the May half term and not taking him back. Making the move then. Hopefully contracts will have been exchanged, and I'll have given my notice in work. My friend said jonny and me can crash at hers if we have to move out of the house before we fly. Do you think that'll work out about right. Don't want jonny to go back after the half term and leave part way through the last half term. He'll be out of school for a while but he won't be having a summer holiday until the December so I don't feel to bad about that.

Debs

With no chain to worry about I'm sure you'll be good to go by the end of May. It all depends on your buyers and your mortgage company. We've been told by our solicitor that our mortgage company is notoriously slow and unhelpful so they will have to chase everything. Once your solicitor gets started they might be able to give you a rough time scale . She also asked us if we had anything financial attached to the house as apparently that can slow it down too?

We moved into rented accommodation and rented that house out a while ago. We knew we couldn't control the dates of a house sale and we were planning on giving our tenant notice to move this spring but he beat us to it and left last month. Unless I get a job offer in the meantime we'll just carry on as we are. Killer overtime and saving like mad while we both have jobs.

We moved into rented accommodation and rented that house out a while ago. We knew we couldn't control the dates of a house sale and we were planning on giving our tenant notice to move this spring but he beat us to it and left last month. Unless I get a job offer in the meantime we'll just carry on as we are. Killer overtime and saving like mad while we both have jobs.

Cant you change your flight date?

Debs

Cant you change your flight date?

Debs

I think we probably can change the flights but I'd only do it for the right job. I applied for a job last week. The first one I have seen advertised since before we got our visas. If I was lucky enough to get that then we'd definitely go sooner. The house is the last hurdle. Have you applied for any jobs yet?

I think we probably can change the flights but I'd only do it for the right job. I applied for a job last week. The first one I have seen advertised since before we got our visas. If I was lucky enough to get that then we'd definitely go sooner. The house is the last hurdle. Have you applied for any jobs yet?

Ive got 3 private hospitals to contact on arrival for a meeting. Hopefully a job will come from one of them. All have endoscopy units which I have the most experience. Hope your house sale goes smoothly.

Debs