Boots.

travelchic

I am going to have a sort out of my shoe wardrobe. Yes, I have a wardrobe dedicated to shoes.

i have some truly beautiful boots, all knee length. Is it worth bringing boots or should I flog em. I've got a really nice winter coat that I don't wear coz I don't go anywhere. Gonna flog that. But what about the boots?

And shoes. Got loads of high heeled shoes that are immaculate. In all different styles and colour. Don't wear them much since I had surgery on my spine. And also, again, I don't go out anywhere. Do I bring them or flog em?

What are other shoe lovers doing?

Debs

What a lovely problem to have! I'm leaving my most wintery ones and anything with treads that I can't be bothered to clean. Trying to take a selection of everything, but I'm also trying to be strict so if I've not worn them either last summer or this winter then they're heading for the charity shop?! So I guess you're back to your lists then? :0)

Guest guest9824
I am going to have a sort out of my shoe wardrobe. Yes, I have a wardrobe dedicated to shoes.

i have some truly beautiful boots, all knee length. Is it worth bringing boots or should I flog em. I've got a really nice winter coat that I don't wear coz I don't go anywhere. Gonna flog that. But what about the boots?

And shoes. Got loads of high heeled shoes that are immaculate. In all different styles and colour. Don't wear them much since I had surgery on my spine. And also, again, I don't go out anywhere. Do I bring them or flog em?

Debs

Bring them Deb then flog them here, you will sell them...all monies will go into your slush (wine) fund! :)

Bring them without a doubt. We arrived last July and the shops were full of boots, every shape, size and colour and I thought what on earth was going on, as I was wearing thongs. But the other day it reached 28 degrees and I was cold, I had to put long trousers and a top on, albeit the first time in months, but it is surprising how quick you do acclimatize, as back in the UK 28 degrees is a summers day.

Bring the boots Deb, Porty wants them! :wink:

yeah, ah, he probably wants to wear them when he's hoovering up!!

ok problem solved. Bringing the boots but not all of them, maybe just the brown river islands and the red Kurt geigers. Might wear another pair to travel in to save space in the case ha ha.

What about the heels. Got about 30 pairs. Gonna bring the wedges coz they can be worn day or night. But the killer heels. Am I likely to be going on many nights out that warrant taking them all.

Tights. I know. Weird. But I've got about 40 pairs in all different colours and patterns. Not really one to wear pants. I'm a skirt or dress kinda girl. Am I likely to wear them??

funnily enough, I'm not bothered about clothes. I have the fabulous talent of making something rubbish look great. I could probably make ten items of clothing last a month and never look the same on any day lol.

Debs

Debs

Bring the lot Debs it does get cold my hubby had a fit when he seen the very large box containing all my shoes lol x

Guest guest9824
yeah, ah, he probably wants to wear them when he's hoovering up!!

ok problem solved. Bringing the boots but not all of them, maybe just the brown river islands and the red Kurt geigers. Might wear another pair to travel in to save space in the case ha ha.

What about the heels. Got about 30 pairs. Gonna bring the wedges coz they can be worn day or night. But the killer heels. Am I likely to be going on many nights out that warrant taking them all.

Tights. I know. Weird. But I've got about 40 pairs in all different colours and patterns. Not really one to wear pants. I'm a skirt or dress kinda girl. Am I likely to wear them??

funnily enough, I'm not bothered about clothes. I have the fabulous talent of making something rubbish look great. I could probably make ten items of clothing last a month and never look the same on any day lol.

Debs

Get you with yer Kurt Geiger...from Cheshire Oaks??

Get you with yer Kurt Geiger...from Cheshire Oaks??

Yeah baby. And they're red. Proper red. Love em. Pretty old now but still in good nick.

got it down to 2 pairs of boots and 14 pairs of shoes. Probably buy a couple of everyday pairs before I leave too.

Some of my shoes have wooden heels (or they look wooden anyway), one pair has rope around the edge and one pair has cork wedges. Will these pose a problem with immigration clearance?

Debs

Guest guest9824
Yeah baby. And they're red. Proper red. Love em. Pretty old now but still in good nick.

got it down to 2 pairs of boots and 14 pairs of shoes. Probably buy a couple of everyday pairs before I leave too.

Some of my shoes have wooden heels (or they look wooden anyway), one pair has rope around the edge and one pair has cork wedges. Will these pose a problem with immigration clearance?

Debs

Don't think you'll have a problem with your wedges Deb! I have got this image of you coming through customs at perth airport with several layers of clothing and a pair of red high heeled boots....just to save space in your cases....lol....I would pay good money to be at the airport to see your arrival! Can't say as I have worn heels here, but wedges....yesssss!

Peax