Delay in visa granted

Jorje

Hello everybody,

I am little bit nervous from DIAC's decision. I have submitted all the documents, after the invitation for State Sponsorship ( WA - Civil Engineer). All the fees are paid and all the documents are checked by them.

Well, after all - when I expected that our visas will be granted - I have received an email from our CO that - everything is fine with documents and fees ... but I have to wait. It is not clear at all how many days, weeks or months ... or may be years.

I am really frustrated in this situation. I read somewhere in the net that all visas are stopped until 01.07.2014.

Does anybody else is in the same situation? Any information regarding this issue will be greatly appresiated.

Regards,

Jorje

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed my CO after learning that they are only allocating a certain amount of visas until end June. He replied with the following.....

Unfortunately your case is affected by the limits that you’ve spotted on the website.

As planning levels affect all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot give you an indication as to the likely timeframe for finalisation of your application.

Please be assured that I will progress your application as soon as possible. At this stage, there are no further documents required. I will, of course, let you know if anything comes up.

Thank you for your patience.

From February 2014, the Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM category has a limited number of visa places remaining.

The remaining places will be allocated in line with the priority processing arrangements.

Further information is available on the department’s website.

See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ssing-srs.html

......Basically they have a set allocation of visas to grant per year and from February this year they only have so many spaces available. I'm in the same situation as you. It's so frustrating. It could be granted next week but then could be July or later. I've put the house on the market and am planning on going out September but won't be going anywhere without the visa grant.

Edited by moss2oz

Yes,

That is true. And I have started to ask myself - is this legal? They have never mentioned that it is possible such a delay. All the time they have been requested for documents, payments and so ... and then at the end - be patient.

Anyway - we do not have any other choise but wait. I am wondering what will happen after 01.07.2014, especially with Civil Engineers. As I can see now - this postion is closed.

Jorje

We received a similar e-mail from our CO. I was hoping that I would be doing travel arrangments now but instead I'm stressed out all the time. They continue granting visas, which gives me hope. They havent discontinued visas until july. It's just way too slow. I'm worried because our occupation is closed on WASMOL, and it is flagged and monitored by AWPA. I asked our agent what would happen if our occupation is removed from sol in july? She said she doesnt know, it's never happened to her.

I cant stop worrying...

Just seen this on skill select link http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect

In late 2013, the department conducted an evaluation of occupational ceilings to assess how they have operated to date and to consider changes to ensure they are performing their intended function.

Based on feedback received as part of the evaluation, the following changes will be in place from 1 March 2014:

State and territory nominated visas will no longer be subject to occupational ceiling limitations

The minimum ceiling for each occupational group will be 1000 invitations.

As there are still high levels of interest from prospective skilled migrants in the following six occupations, pro rata arrangements for these occupational groups will continue:

Chemical and Materials Engineers

Electronics Engineers

Other Engineering Professionals

ICT Business and Systems Analysts

Software and Applications Programmers

Telecommunications Engineering Professionals.

Details of the cut-offs for these occupations will continue to be included in the regular invitation round reports.

Sunflower,

I sent also an email to our CO what can I expect. The strange thing is that the CO have not replied. Only silence. I am wondering is this legal? I fulfill all the requirements, all fees are paid ... This should be like a contract - I did my responsibilities and when I have to receive the product - they said "Wait".

In my email from CO was mentioned the following : The Migration Programme planning level for the Skilled Nominated category now has limited number of places left for the 2013-14 program year. This means processing times will be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category during this programme year.

As planning levels affect all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot give you an indication as to the likely timeframe for finalisation of your application.

I guess - this text is in all emails sent to applicants, but it means nothing.

Unfortunatelly, the stress will continue...

Jorje

Jorje, we received the same e-mail. Our agent says they will give us the visa but only if there is space left. If our occupation reaches the ceiling then they will look at our file in July after the system is reset and updated for 2014-15. But noone knows what will happen if they remove our occupation from sol totally. You are in the same boat with us.

I asked the same question: is this legal? Apparantly it is. They might reject if spaces are full. But there is still hope, they still grant visas.

It's a question of time and patience for us...

Well,

We do not have any other choise but waiting. I really hope and cross my fingers that whatever will happen with our occupations after 01.07.2014 we will get our visas. Let us see?

I will send another mail next week to the CO. And I am planning to disturb her every week. They must give us an answer.

Jorje

Sunflower,

We have got it :-) This morning we have received a confirmation that our visas are granted. I was really stressed, when I received an email, that my application is removed from the pool EoI. This automatically means that we have or not

a visa. Luckily - it was a confirmation.

So, obviously - they still issued visas. I guess in the next couple of days you will have also confirmation.

I wish a good look to all people who are still waiting for the conformation.

Now ... it is time for celabration :-)

Cheers :-)

Jorje

Congratulations Jorje!!!! I makes me feel more hopefull we might get our visa sooner than later! :ssign19:

We are the same stage of just waiting, not knowing when/if we'll get our visa!

Husband is main applicant for state sponsorship as primary school teacher... They have allocated over 4000 posts for this profession, only 56 visas granted... so we thought it would be easy, but I guess not!

Well done anyway... enjoy and celebrate! :wink:

Jorje congrats! So happy for you :) Remember we had same worries about state sponsorship but eventually we got it. I hope same will happen again.

By the way, if you dont mind, can you tell me your CO's initials and which team? Because your CO acts like ours. (Lisa - Brisbane Team 34)

Good luck now, all the best.

Moss, believe me if anyone needs a nudge its our CO. I'm shocked that she granted Jorje's visa. She was killing us for how many weeks. She never answered any e-mails. Finally scolded our agent and warned her not to send any e-mails! We were jus asking if the documents were fine or anything else is required. Till date we still dont know if our documents are fine. A little confirmation wouldn't hurt I think.

Anyway... Thanks to Jorje I have my hopes back again...

Good luck to you too

Sunflower,

Believe it or not - Lisa did not answer to me too. I sent her/him a not so polite email that what they are doing is not very correct - took the money and said "Wait". I do not believe that this is the reason, but somehow it happen. I am sure that you will get your confirmation soon. I guess they just play with our nerves.

Cross my fingers for you.

Jorje

Hi Sarah297,

I have applied for visa 190 - WA. What is your occupation? Mine is Civil Engineer and it is closed now in the SOL list of WA. Are you waiting for State sponsorship confirmation, or you have it already and you are waiting for visa confirmation?

About my travel - we are family of four ( 2.5 and 6.5 years old kids). Our idea is to go alone first to take most of the stress and to try to find a job. This will be very difficult I guess based on what I am reading now for the market there. I have to schedule some activities, but as a aim is beginning of Septemver 2014.

Jorje

Roxy,

Here is my timing:

03.2009 - IELTS 1 - L6,R6.5,W5,S7 - far, far away from the aim

01.2011 - Visa 457 granted. Just before we travel - the sponsor company said - wait, we do not need you anymore.

Second try

04.2013 - IELTS 2 - L7,R7,W6.5,S7 - 0.5 less on the Writing

06.2013 - IELTS 3 - L7,R9,W6.5,S6.5 - again....

At least I have got 4х6 so I was able to send my documents to EA.

07.2013 - submitted documents to ЕА

10.2013 - Finally - positive assesstment from ЕА - Professional Engineer

09.11.2013 - Submitted EoI

13.11.2013 - State Sponsorship WA - invitation received

18.11.2013 - Submitted documents for State sponsorship

24.11.2013 - Civil Engineer CLOSED in SOL list of WA. The sponsorship for my occupation is closed ... 6 days after my submission.

Stress and worry what will happen now.

09.12.2013 - Approval from WA. Uraaaaaaaaaaaaaa :-)

11.12.2013 - Invitation for applying for visa 190

31.12.2013 - All the documents have been uploaded and the fee was paid ( after argues with the credit card's bank and broken website of immi)

17.02.2014 - Request for additional information ( bank references, payslips and approval of overseas experience. Form 80 and Form 1221).

11.03.2014 - Sent the new scan files ( additional 39 files - 50 MB).

17.03.2014 - Confirmation from CO, that the payment for my wife IELTS is received, but due to fulfill the cells they do not know when they will send me confirmation, IF ...

Waiting. May be until 01.07.2014 when they will annonce the new places for 2014/2015

24.03.2014 - Visa Granted :-)

So ... it was possible :-)

It took to me about 10 yars. There were some critical moments when I was asking myself - Is this the right way?, but still proceeding.

Now - next dificult part - how to find a job there.

Good luck Roxy.

Jorje

Guest Redtape
Jorje, we received the same e-mail. Our agent says they will give us the visa but only if there is space left. If our occupation reaches the ceiling then they will look at our file in July after the system is reset and updated for 2014-15. But noone knows what will happen if they remove our occupation from sol totally. You are in the same boat with us.

I asked the same question: is this legal? Apparantly it is. They might reject if spaces are full. But there is still hope, they still grant visas.

It's a question of time and patience for us...

Hi Sunflower,

Me 2 in da same boat. I've applied for QLD and got the above msg from my CO on 13th Mar. To me the essence of the msg was it only depends on the no.of visa slots available overall but not on visas granted on different occupations. Keeping fingers crossed and waiting.

Cheers!!

Sunflower,

We have got it :-) This morning we have received a confirmation that our visas are granted. I was really stressed, when I received an email, that my application is removed from the pool EoI. This automatically means that we have or not

So, obviously - they still issued visas. I guess in the next couple of days you will have also confirmation.

Jorje

congratulations!!! You have given us a glimmer of hope now that maybe, just maybe we may get ours sooner rather than later!! All the best for the future!!:smile2:

Jorje,

Really pleased that you got your visa, how long from lodging visa till you got your grant. We are in the same boat, waiting for grant on a 489 SS visa. We provided extra documents on 4th March, now just waiting.

Sunflower,

Jorje

Jorje,

Really pleased that you got your visa, how long from lodging visa till you got your grant. We are in the same boat, waiting for grant on a 489 SS visa. We provided extra documents on 4th March, now just waiting.

Am also waiting for 489.. Lodged 12/12.. CO 5/2. . Meds 15/2.. Still waiting grant