Starting your new life in Aus ....

ali

I cant wait to get in on an evening after work / school all sit out in the garden chatting and enjoying the out doors. does it dark early?lol xxx

they do t get the long summer evenings like in the UK but don't get the horrible dark short ones either :wink:

We're looking forward to swimming outdoors, BBQs with friends and family, meeting new friends and hopefully some off PP, hubby's looking forward to a new job and car, (hehe), holidaying in Oz and Asia, skiing in Europe off peak!, more blue sky! and meeting my new niece or nephew x

OK this is a bit boring but one of the really great things about living here apart from all the obvious ones is there is no stress getting the washing dry. I do have tumble dryer but rarely have to use it. In the Spring Summer and Autumn you can put your washing out and its dry in a few hours, about 3o minutes in the Summer, its great :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to life being about something other than this move! I'm looking forward to planning for the future, rather than preparing for the unknown. I want to WALK to the beach with my kids and spend LOTS of time outside under big blue skies. I'm looking forward to meeting Rich's old friends and making lots of new ones.

Thanks ali.... Lovely idea for a thread x

Edited by Sideshowdeb

I probably use my tumble drier about 3 - 4 times a year, in summer I take the first load off the line when I put out the 2nd.

I think Perth has a lot of very simple things to offer that you marvel at - we've been here over 7 years now and every weekend when we're sat out we have the conversation about how relaxed we are. Our friend popped round last night, we sat outside, candles lit, shared a bottle of bubbles and had a lovely couple of hours chatting.

Guest guest9824

Planning and seeing through (because of the weather being fairly consistent) picnics, family dinners outside, and barbeques, and the girls being able to enjoy their birthdays outside, not cooped up inside even in June!

The best one for us as a family was having a pool in the back garden, spending many a day and night in it, still feels like a lovely luxury!

looking after the grandchildren, quality time with my son instead of having the plane ride home in my mind, doing a new garden and decorating a new house.Being able to plan not worrying if it may rain. going for swimming lessons. Not having shops that make me spend money. hoping not having to work to make ends meet, doing my DIL ironing oh and blue skies etc etc. And looking forward to hopefully cruise around New Zealand and visit family in Adelaide and I have not had coffee and cake in Melbourne or the NEW DOME in Butler .

Looking forward to getting more fitter, being able to go for a run or a bike ride without feeling too cold. Investing in Kayaks for all the family, rather than thinking they are too expensive as it rains all the time here! Getting the kids in a surf club and seeing them have fun. Watching them gain confidence in the water. Having a healthy glow from the sun tan rather than looking pale and ill all the time. Starting my career in Australia, working hard. Watching my husband pursue a career he is interested in because on my salary alone we can survive.

Raining today tho. :sad:

The garden's happy.

According to BOM it's 17.3 degrees. I've put a long sleeve top on for the first time this year and I'm contemplating changing my shorts for longs. If I do it will be the first time my legs have been covered this year too. I think I need to move to Port Hedland.

Oh, and the forecast tomorrow is a chilly 21. Time to break out the onesie.

Edited by portlaunay
more

Guest guest9824

We did a rain dance, because the poor plants are dying they are so thirsty.

porty it is so not cold enough for a onesie....I'm having hot sweats, it's me age duck!