evie2007

Fiona Stanley

Fiona Stanley will be finalising their FTE requirements I think, once they know what staff are moving from different hospitals. There is a freeze on public sector jobs at the moment - I don't know if this includes FS

Nope, I heard today that I have an interview on Monday morning! Any tips? Im very nervous :)

Good luck! They were really nice when I was interviewed. They gave me the pre prepared questions prior to the interview and I scribbled notes down. One lady was tougher than the others when I asked about flexible hours at school holidays! Still nice but firm about what was expected. Best of luck!

Thank you. Have got myself all nervous about it now not knowing what they're going to ask, if it'll be scenarios or governance type stuff. I don't feel confident but fingers crossed!!

Thank you. Have got myself all nervous about it now not knowing what they're going to ask, if it'll be scenarios or governance type stuff. I don't feel confident but fingers crossed!!

Assume you've had the interview! It wasn't so much scenarios with me. It was giving examples of evidence based care and difficult situations with women! Hope it went well.

Yes and it was awful!! I was so nervous. I couldn't open the attachment properly to read the questions until just before they rang! If anyone asked me those questions casually they would've been fine but I was so nervous I was barely coherent. Such a shame, I'm so gutted. But am trying to think positively. It was very good telephone interview experience and there are other hospitals :/

Yes and it was awful!! I was so nervous. I couldn't open the attachment properly to read the questions until just before they rang! If anyone asked me those questions casually they would've been fine but I was so nervous I was barely coherent. Such a shame, I'm so gutted. But am trying to think positively. It was very good telephone interview experience and there are other hospitals :/

I'm sure you were better than you thought and they will make allowances but if all else fails its a good learning curve and there are heaps of hospitals. Ramsay healthcare seems to have loads of jobs going- if you could handle private midwifery? My friend works in the public hospital at joondalup but does bank shifts at the private one and says its not dynamic midwifery but it's a doddle for very,very good money and heaps of benefits! ( her lunch the other day was steak Diane with homemade tiramisu! lunch omg, we barely manage a lunch break let alone lunch provided lol !!)

Good luck, J x

Yes I'd consider private for tiramisu! No, really I would rather work for a private hospital than not work at all. There's benefits to everything and it may not be super dynamic but would be interesting just as an experience! Ramsey healthcare wanted visas all in place prior to applications last time I looked so will just plod on with the process and try not to panic just yet.

Yes I'd consider private for tiramisu! No, really I would rather work for a private hospital than not work at all. There's benefits to everything and it may not be super dynamic but would be interesting just as an experience! Ramsey healthcare wanted visas all in place prior to applications last time I looked so will just plod on with the process and try not to panic just yet.

ah, I see. we have our visa already- sorry xxxx

it will all pan out and Jenpen and I are planning on starting our own midwifery team so we will employ you if all else fails!!!! xxxx

when are you hoping to go?? x

Do try not to panic! They dropped the phone on my interview and cut me off!! They called back all laughing!! Broke the ice. I dobt mind phone interviews on the whole. I've applied to SJOG and have an interview in London next week. I've just sent off for anmac! Not decided which visa yet. Unsure if I can do full time unless it's 12hr shifts and it was short shifts only at Fiona Stanley. Fingers crossed! Private sounds pretty good!!!

Well all being well the visas should come through at the start of Dec, so we are hoping to fly straight after Xmas.

I thought I'd email them to thank them and mention how nervous I was, can't hurt! Where is SJOG? Other than the WA govt website and seek, I'm unsure where to look for vacancies. Most of them on seek seem to ask for dual qualified, which I'm not.

Fingers crossed something comes up - if not, I'm up for new team (I'm a crazy caseloader over here!) lol so long as we get steak and tiramisu :D

thanks for the encouragement anyhow guys.

Well all being well the visas should come through at the start of Dec, so we are hoping to fly straight after Xmas.

I thought I'd email them to thank them and mention how nervous I was, can't hurt! Where is SJOG? Other than the WA govt website and seek, I'm unsure where to look for vacancies. Most of them on seek seem to ask for dual qualified, which I'm not.

Fingers crossed something comes up - if not, I'm up for new team (I'm a crazy caseloader over here!) lol so long as we get steak and tiramisu :D

One in Murdoch and one in Subiaco

im direct entry too. Think it'll be easier getting firm job offers once anmac,aphra and visa is sorted but no harm haubh a look. The agencies seem positive but won't obv do anything this early. Sjog seem nice and they are recruiting Brits atm. Google their international campaign and apply! We are aiming to come out Feb time x

It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get there till Feb too, how exciting! I'll have a look at those jobs and stay in touch x

Well, they requested my references I'm not sure what to make of it!

Thats good. They did that for me then I was put in the pool!! Have you looked at sjog? Their employment package is v attractive! A lot of anti social benefits!!

Ooh I hope so! I had a quick look on sjog website but couldnt find any midwife jobs in Perth! I will keep my eye on it though Im not sure Id cope with private care long term :/

On the upside, I just put my ANMAC in :D

Ooh I hope so! I had a quick look on sjog website but couldnt find any midwife jobs in Perth! I will keep my eye on it though Im not sure Id cope with private care long term :/

On the upside, I just put my ANMAC in :D

http://www.sjog.org.au/lifechanging is where I went!

I'm just waiting for my employer ref then I'm putting ANMAC in too!!

Oh god...every time I think about it all I feel a little ill!!

Oooh Ive just seen it. Is the pay not slightly low esp considering its private!? Or is this for registered midwife rather than clinical? Honestly, Im so scatty how Im getting through this I have no idea :D

Looks like we will be lodging around the same times - are you going for 189 too? Im swinging from excitement to complete terror, especially as we have now sold our house and moving miles away to live with parents until visas come through, which means changing kids schools for a term and me getting some bank at a different hospital and and and and............. you know what its like, this rollercoaster!

Oooh Ive just seen it. Is the pay not slightly low esp considering its private!? Or is this for registered midwife rather than clinical? Honestly, Im so scatty how Im getting through this I have no idea :D

Looks like we will be lodging around the same times - are you going for 189 too? Im swinging from excitement to complete terror, especially as we have now sold our house and moving miles away to live with parents until visas come through, which means changing kids schools for a term and me getting some bank at a different hospital and and and and............. you know what its like, this rollercoaster!

Does look a little low but massive shift allowances and it encourages a healthy work life balance. I'll see what Tuesday brings! We will sell our house a little later as we are buying a little rental place in case it all goes pear shaped in Aussie!! I don't think we are very organised yet! Still got massive heebie jeebies!! There's a very big part of me wanting it another saying don't be crazy!!

Still got massive heebie jeebies!! There's a very big part of me wanting it another saying don't be crazy!!

I know that feeling and don't think it will go away until hubby has a job and we have a house to call our own again

I'm guessing that's really normal! Just go with it and imagine the white sand beaches!

We want to do it more than not for sure!! Where are u thinking of living?? We are going to drink wine tomorrow night and pay for Anmac!!

I know that feeling and don't think it will go away until hubby has a job and we have a house to call our own again

I feel similar!! I fret we will go out and he will be unemployed!!! Aarrggh