Count down to launch date

Akasully2

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just out of interest, does anyone have experience of Woodvale SHS, and the areas of Woodvale, Kingsley or Edgewater?

Spoke to a lady in the bank today who said she lived around Woodvale and really liked it and rated the school. As it is further inland the prices are much cheaper.

There are not many rentals on the market where we like. I feel that we have got to settle on an area now, because time is running out on our holiday let. We know we really like Hillarys and the high school. It is pricey because it is near the Ocean but it feels right for us. In the future we would need to stay there so we can get the next son into the school. So when we buy eventually we would need to buy there too. I think we have been spoilt living so close to the Ocean. I love it.

Just out of interest, does anyone have experience of Woodvale SHS, and the areas of Woodvale, Kingsley or Edgewater?

Spoke to a lady in the bank today who said she lived around Woodvale and really liked it and rated the school. As it is further inland the prices are much cheaper.

There are not many rentals on the market where we like. I feel that we have got to settle on an area now, because time is running out on our holiday let. We know we really like Hillarys and the high school. It is pricey because it is near the Ocean but it feels right for us. In the future we would need to stay there so we can get the next son into the school. So when we buy eventually we would need to buy there too. I think we have been spoilt living so close to the Ocean. I love it.

All nice areas in my view and I have friends with kids at Woodvale who are very happy.

Hi we tried so hard to buy in Woodlvale but because demand is so high because of the school they either too high or like hens teeth. I have friends in all those areas and their kiddies are all happy. xxx

We went to view a house in Edgewater yesterday, nice area but house didn't have a bath, which is an issue as we have a 3 year old. Not much else in our price range there but we have an estate agent friend who lives in Woodvale and really recommends the area and school. Think it may be out of our price range as we want to be somewhere we can afford to buy in the future though.

Guest Guest6235

Is this Hillarys better than the Duncraig one you put in 1st place on your previous post or is that the same one?

Just interested as we were thinking of the Duncraig area. Ta

Guest Guest6235
you would feel ok, however nobody walks anywhere, it looks odd to see people walking unless along the beach paths. Plus if you do do not walk under overhanging trees,

you never know what will drop on you.

Nobody even walks for a little evening stroll with their wife/husband?. Ha ha Odies, you mean the drop bear![emoji199]

We live in Kingsley and love it, people speak very highly of woodvale although we havent looked at it yet as a school as our kids are younger so a lot can change. We love the primary that our kids are at, if you have any questions just ask away! (we preferred Kingsley to Hillaries for primary schools and longer term affordability in the end, although I do still have an ambition to have an ocean view one day ;-) )

Hi Sully

Me and you sound quite similar. We came over with my heart set on Duncraig High for our girls, they are still young but don't want to have to move them again. When we got here there were no rentals we liked at all in duncraig and after having a drive about we much preferred Hillarys.

Anyway we took a rental in hillarys that we fell in love with, a little pricier than we had intended but I feel it's worth it to feel completely happy about it. We are walking distance to the boat harbour and the flinders ave shopping centre which is great and very 'local' in feel compared to some of the huge centres. The house prices in the older part of hillarys are similar to Duncraig so that's hopefully where we'll end up buying.

Our daughter starts hillarys primary on Tuesday. So far I don't have any complaints about the school.

Anyway hope you get something sorted soon.xx

Hi Sully

Me and you sound quite similar. We came over with my heart set on Duncraig High for our girls, they are still young but don't want to have to move them again. When we got here there were no rentals we liked at all in duncraig and after having a drive about we much preferred Hillarys.

Anyway we took a rental in hillarys that we fell in love with, a little pricier than we had intended but I feel it's worth it to feel completely happy about it. We are walking distance to the boat harbour and the flinders ave shopping centre which is great and very 'local' in feel compared to some of the huge centres. The house prices in the older part of hillarys are similar to Duncraig so that's hopefully where we'll end up buying.

Our daughter starts hillarys primary on Tuesday. So far I don't have any complaints about the school.

Anyway hope you get something sorted soon.xx

That is great to know, so basically we are walking in your footsteps! So which part of Hillarys is the older bit?

We viewed two yesterday, one was very impressive in so many ways but didn't get much sun in the garden. The agent said we would need shade in the summer and wouldn't need any sun. Not sure about that, sounds like a load of old cods to me. The next one was cheaper and older. Ok, could make it work but not very exciting. We then found out it had only one air conditioning unit in the whole house so the rest of the place would be sweltering. Another couple were walking around at the same time as us, bit embarrassing as if it was a competition, however, I said hello politely. They basically ignored us, I thought it was odd.

Just need to keep going. Anyway, great to hear it has worked out for you.

As much as it sounds daft, unless you are an avid sitting in the sun until you are burnt type of person, during the summer you really need shade, we never once sat on our loungers in the summer as it was really really hot and we could not walk barefoot on the paving slabs that had been in the sun, but we ate outside every meal time and spent a lot of time out there, but in the shade of our alfresco. Everyone thought I sat in the sun because I am so brown, but I never go out without factor 50 on and never ever sit in the sun, other than sit on the beach and go for a paddle, even then I wear a hat and a cover up. The plants that were in the sun all dried up and shriveled away, because the next door neighbour cut their tree down that use to shade the plants, if the house ticked the boxes in all other aspects, seriously consider it. It is very funny walking around when other people are there viewing the house at the same time, as they don't talk to you and whisper so you don't here if they like the place or not. When we were looking at one place there was at least 10 other couples trying their best to ignore everyone else that was there. Good luck with the search.

Nobody even walks for a little evening stroll with their wife/husband?. Ha ha Odies, you mean the drop bear![emoji199]

you will need a child on a bike or a dog on a lead , then you will be ok. LOL. funny but you do not see couples walking unless during the day on the beachside walks

That is great to know, so basically we are walking in your footsteps! So which part of Hillarys is the older bit?

We viewed two yesterday, one was very impressive in so many ways but didn't get much sun in the garden. The agent said we would need shade in the summer and wouldn't need any sun. Not sure about that, sounds like a load of old cods to me. The next one was cheaper and older. Ok, could make it work but not very exciting. We then found out it had only one air conditioning unit in the whole house so the rest of the place would be sweltering. Another couple were walking around at the same time as us, bit embarrassing as if it was a competition, however, I said hello politely. They basically ignored us, I thought it was odd.

Just need to keep going. Anyway, great to hear it has worked out for you.

Totally agree with SJT, as daft as it sounds right now, in summer you will not want the sun and you will be very grateful that it is shaded. Even putting the washing out in the sun was hot work, like SJT we spent a lot of time outside under the covered areas that we have, but very little in the sun when at home. Good luck finding the right place for you, I loved the feel of hillaries, but it was too rich for our blood long term.

As much as it sounds daft, unless you are an avid sitting in the sun until you are burnt type of person, during the summer you really need shade, we never once sat on our loungers in the summer as it was really really hot and we could not walk barefoot on the paving slabs that had been in the sun, but we ate outside every meal time and spent a lot of time out there, but in the shade of our alfresco. Everyone thought I sat in the sun because I am so brown, but I never go out without factor 50 on and never ever sit in the sun, other than sit on the beach and go for a paddle, even then I wear a hat and a cover up. The plants that were in the sun all dried up and shriveled away, because the next door neighbour cut their tree down that use to shade the plants, if the house ticked the boxes in all other aspects, seriously consider it. It is very funny walking around when other people are there viewing the house at the same time, as they don't talk to you and whisper so you don't here if they like the place or not. When we were looking at one place there was at least 10 other couples trying their best to ignore everyone else that was there. Good luck with the search.

^This^