Millership309

Urgent help required please...

I am currently waiting on my defacto visa to be approved, I am travelling into Perth tomorrow night and tried to apply for a tourist visa but have this message -

Messages: 1. Warning: You currently hold an Australian visa. If you continue with this application and are granted an eVisitor your current visa will no longer be valid. The only exception to this rule is if you hold a Maritime Crew Visa.

I have had no confirmation from my immigration case officer to say that my visa is approved. I have emailed him but do not know if he will get back to me in time for my flight. Should I travel in without a tourist visa in the hope that my defacto visa has kicked in?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Laura x

I would say don't travel if there's a chance of it cancelling your defacto

I wouldn't risk getting a tourist visa that could cancel your defacto if you have actually gotten this approved. My advice would be to call the immigration dept in Oz early in the morning for confirmation. If you can't get any info out of them then, personally I would travel and explain the situation when you land, surely you can get a tourist visa once there if your defacto is not showing on your passport? At worst they can send you home. Are you travelling on a return ticket?

Good luck

Sounds like you have a visa and they just haven't confirmed you of this yet, so don't get a tourist visa otherwise all the effort in getting your defacto will have been wasted!

Can you take a print out of the message you received stating you have a visa and take that with you?

Edited by Lou8670

I am currently in Thailand so going in on a one way. I think I will take a print off in with me to prove I tried to get a tourist visa. I can't get access to my VEVO account, my client ID and file number is not being accepted, oh this is going to be a long 24 hours worrying!! Don't know anything about the resident return visa, it's totally all new to me. Thanks for your help guys x

Whatever you do, do not apply for another visa. I would try to ring immigration when they open. Failing that, I would take a copy of the visa details held in the VEVO system with you to show immigration on your arrival. If you need to go ahead and travel then don't see what other option you have

You won't be able to get on a flight without a visa. I would contact Immigration asap. You do not want to jeopardise your defacto visa

You won't be able to get on a flight without a visa. I would contact Immigration asap. You do not want to jeopardise your defacto visa

Sound advise! Of course the airlines check you have a valid visa when you check in.

Edited by Lou8670

Guest guest10912
    I need to travel Ali unfortunately. Wee dolly sorry for my ignorance but what is VEVO?

Hopefully the notification will come through in the next 24 hours before you fly. If it does not, I really would not risk applying for a tourist visa. I would go to the airport and hope that they can see your partner visa and will therefore allow you to fly. I would be prepared to miss the flight rather than risk over riding a visa.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm back in Perth phew!! This was the response from my case officer -

This appears to be a multiple entry tourist visa you previously applied for that was granted on 11/12/2013, which is valid until 11/12/2014. If you apply for a new tourist visa it will override the one you already have.

Your partner visa has not been granted yet but you can travel on the current or new tourist visa.

Unfortunately still waiting on defacto :(