Weedolly

Whats the point!

in australia it's common/usual to have private health insurance. i think in the uk it's more common not to (esp for dental). that must be a big change in mindset for expats...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

One point some may not know is if you are involved in road traffic accident ambulance is covered provided valid rego! I have heard of people waiting for spouse or friends to transport them in car to save the cost.

So if you have an accident at home you should crawl to your car before calling the ambo?

One point some may not know is if you are involved in road traffic accident ambulance is covered provided valid rego! I have heard of people waiting for spouse or friends to transport them in car to save the cost.

I am not sure if this is true. My friends husband is high up in St Johns Ambulance and he knew nothing about this.

I have never heard of that before and have lived here for 24 years! Is it something new as when my daughter was involved in an accident a couple of years ago and ambulanced to hospital, we received a bill from SJA in excess of $1000!!!

So if you have an accident at home you should crawl to your car before calling the ambo?

Correct. There are reasonably regular articles in the local press concerning a OAP having a heart attack but too scared of the bill and unfortunately dies. It is a horrid system.

that would be my hubby VS hates paying out, when we were in oz a couple of years ago he was really poorly < thought it was a heart attack> and had my son drive him to hospital, he lived to tell the tale though ... he had pulled a muscle wheeling a barrow in the sun !