Help please urgent

jamdon

Hi All

I have been here for a year now on a 457 visa as a supervisor but work is slowing down a bit and now my boss wants to change my job description to a lesser position, I payed for the visa and everything that goes with is so can my boss do this without my consent? All help will be gratefully appreciated.

Jamdon

Hi All

I have been here for a year now on a 457 visa as a supervisor but work is slowing down a bit and now my boss wants to change my job description to a lesser position, I payed for the visa and everything that goes with is so can my boss do this without my consent? All help will be gratefully appreciated.

Jamdon

Employment law may prevent them from doing this but if you kick up a fuss you may find yourself without a job.....try and have an open and frank talk with your boss and find out the score.

That's the problem with the 457, your boss has you by the proverbial short & curlys, yes you paid for the visa, but that doesn't make the visa yours, he had to sponsor you and has to keep sponsoring you until you qualify for another form of PR visa, if you don't go along with him he could make you redundant and then you have 90 days to find another sponsor or your visa gets cancelled & you have to leave the country, it would be better if you just went along with him & make alternative arrangements in the meantime, you could get DIAC involved but that might backfire on you too, in DIAC's eyes you were granted the visa on the strength of your position & qualifications, if you or your boss tells them of your new position it might cause bigger problems in that it doesn't qualify for a visa, sorry to say but your stuck between a rock & a hard place. Good luck in whatever you decide