Quatar

travelchic

Hi i used Quatar last year for the first time and they are brilliant, excellent service, food drinks, staff, very similar to Emirates. Fantastic service but try to get quick flight connections i.e. 2 hours max at Quatar airport as its in the middle of the dessert and not very interesting unlike Dubai. Other than that great value and great flight times definitely would book again.

Not been with qatar but flown with singapore and couldn't fault them. Brilliant service, I remember they didn't have our first choice of meal when they came round (no biggie and we weren't bothered) and they said they would serve us first on the next meal and they did!

Ye used them March 2013 found them just like the others to be honest but we booked just after they started flights to Perth so got a good deal if I remember correctly was a'bit of a bind at the airport as there was a lot of work going off and had to catch a bus for the connections but that's probably changed by now

Gaz

I used to look after Qatar A330's at Manchester, they have a good reputation and high standard of service ( not quite as high now as i have left! HA!) . Etihad are also good to fly with. Try Cathay pacific but that may involve atrip to London and they don't fly as often as some of the others into Perth.

Did you book with them direct. I've just had a quick look and the flight was man to abu dhabi to Melbourne to Perth. Is that how you're doing it. Its over 24 hours in the air. And i wanted to avoid domestic flights. Don't wanna be dragging my luggage from one flight to another. And yeah we are excited. Was supposed to move out of the house tomorrow but its been put back a week. If i had known that was gonna happen i would have done an extra week in work. There are 7 people off sick with work related stress. Which puts more stress on the nurses that are there. Its been a tough environment to work in over the past 12 months. Everyone is having to complete stress tests. Poor management. But people are scared of speaking the truth. Glad to be out of it but am Soooo bored. My routine was get up early and doing loads of chores before leaving the house for the day. And i'm still doing it even though I've got all day to do. Can't break the habit lol x x

Did you book with them direct. I've just had a quick look and the flight was man to abu dhabi to Melbourne to Perth. Is that how you're doing it. Its over 24 hours in the air. And i wanted to avoid domestic flights. Don't wanna be dragging my luggage from one flight to another. And yeah we are excited. Was supposed to move out of the house tomorrow but its been put back a week. If i had known that was gonna happen i would have done an extra week in work. There are 7 people off sick with work related stress. Which puts more stress on the nurses that are there. Its been a tough environment to work in over the past 12 months. Everyone is having to complete stress tests. Poor management. But people are scared of speaking the truth. Glad to be out of it but am Soooo bored. My routine was get up early and doing loads of chores before leaving the house for the day. And i'm still doing it even though I've got all day to do. Can't break the habit lol x x

Debs,

we booked direct with airline. flying manch to Abu dhabi and Abu dhabi to Perth. it's 18 hours I think. we're flying on a Monday if that's any help to your quest?

J x

Anyone used Quatar. Been looking on skyscanner for flights. Want to arrive tea time and Quatar have a flight that arrives 6pm.

I worked in Qatar for a while and used them for the Doha Manchester flight, they are brilliant, my only gripe is keep your Doha layover to a minimum as Doha airport sucks, they were busy building a new airport when I left to remedy this problem, but I'm not sure if it's complete yet, I will google it and let you know

Guest Stari

Hubby & son flew out to Perth with Qatar last week for his interview, the flight was good, food ok ish!! He and son both big guys and food a little sparse, also avoid omelette it was rubber according to son.

Only problem is qatar airport change over, wouldn't advise booking the 55mins down time as they were stressing and the second flight was actually late leaving Qatar as it waited for them.

Good luck