IELTS help!

Keith

Had my results back on Friday on scored 8' 8' 8.5'and a 6 for reading and we are all devasted this was my second attempt and also had a tutor to assist me. It's looking like we are going to bite the bullet and go to NZ instead as we have been advised that we could be there in 3 months. Has any any advice on other visa options we could take I'm a gas fitter with 15 years experience and have the TRA due back any day now and just feal hart Brocken with it all?

I sympathise with you on this. I took the IELTS test seven times. So you have a way to go to catch me up. I was on the verge of giving up but I wanted it so badly I just couldn't quit. With regard to your 6 on the reading, I would practice some speed reading techniques and definitely mark/underline the key points on the booklet in the test. Don't give up just yet.

Seven times I admire your persistence , I just gets you down when we are so close yet so far I've booked another test in Wrexham for a change as my last two were in liverpool and I'm thinking this may help did you stay at the same test centre?

I did most of them at Bangor University. They were very helpful and at least you can speak directly to someone. If I had more time I definitely would have demanded to see my test papers as I am convinced that I obtained the required 8 in previous tests. But that is another discussion. It is in my nature to persevere so that is what I did. Be assured, that there are many people in exactly the same position as yourself.

That's we're I'm going its a ll57 post code ,fingers crossed again and more sleepless nights. At least when we eventually get to perth I can safely say I'm never coming back to live in UK after all this heart ache I think we will make a good go of it. How far away are you from the big move? We have sold up and once we get passed the ielts we can be on the next flight out ha!

I could be on the next plane but have been asked to finish off this contract. They are paying me so much money...it would be rude not too!!. Looking at going back at the end of August. I have lived in WA before so I know what it's like. Bangor Uni is easy to find. I will miss those 5.00AM starts on a Saturday morning and the 120 mile drive to North Wales....yeah right!!

Don't blame you get the money while its there then you can spend it in the sun! It's 70 mile from we're i live so ill be up and out for 6 ,I'm pinning my hopes on the change of venue may help me out it seems very strict in liverpool are they a bit more helpful in Bangor?

Hi Keith,

My husband sat it 3 times and with the last attempt he was 0.5 mark out so we appealed the decision, it didn't go in our favour unfortunately so we had to wait until March this yr as he had been in his occupation for 11 yrs so that gave him extra points.

Are you using an agent? Have you tried state sponsorship for extra points? I was advised that the state of Victoria sponsors Gas Fitters, not sure if that option is viable, its better than applying to NZ, the conditions are you need to stay for 2 yrs then can move anywhere in Oz.

Hope this helps!

Natasha

Wishfull thinking hey, it's hard to know we're you go wrong when you can't see how your paper is marked? Makes you think if its a bit of a money spinner, I've spent £615 so far on the test including my tutor fees and I'm at my wits end! At the end of the day we just all want that better life for are family's and I think it gets to you under test conditions with all that weight on your shoulders !