We're Here!

nikkiwd

Wow, we have finally arrived in Perth!

After what had been a whirlwind few weeks, we said our last goodbyes on Sunday and arrived in Perth 23hrs ago. The last couple of weeks were just surreal, lots of people to see and places to go before we left so no time to even think about what was ahead. Once on the plane though with everything behind us there was plenty of time to reflect... and boy did it hit me then! OMG what have we done, we have just abandoned our lives to go to the other side of the world...GULP

Anyway once we landed it was back to excitment, the midnight air was still warmer than midday in uk when we left and hubby said he could smell the Eucalyptus(?) in the air, although I think he might have been imagining it lol.

We all had a good 7 hr sleep in the hotel then drove up to our short term rental up in Ridgewood, which is way nicer than I was expecting by the way. Kids were in bed by 9.30pm and at the moment, touch wood, there is no sign of jet lag with any of us yet. Lots to do over the next couple of weeks and looking forward to exploring and making our own little nest in Perth!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest6235

Good luck in the first week.

You never know the jet lag might not hit you. On my previous long haul flights it has always hit me on the return back to the UK ........ none of that for you!!

Fantastic news! Looking forward to joining you... so exciting to watch people on their journey and to share in the ups and downs and then DUN DUN DUNNNNN the arrival! looking forward to reading your ongoing adventures, and to be learning from them and sharing in them soon too! Happy days and all the best :)

Thanks everyone, may have spoken too soon as I could not sleep last night, looked at the clock at 3.45am still hadn't slept which was so annoying as I was listening to hubby semi-snoring next to me.

Something I had noted was the northern suburbs don't take as long to get to as I had imagined, after looking at the map of Perth for the last few months it looks a long way up to Clarkson/Butler areas but actually doesn't feel it when driving.

Went to buy a couple of essentials yesterday, sat nav, car seat, dongle for internet and sim card...also a bike helmet is apparently an essential for hubby so that was first on the list although the fact his new helmet cost more that the sat nav did pee me off slightly lol! must be gold plated for extra head protection:err:

Got more things to sort out today so better get moving, been sitting outside enjoying a nice coffee this morning!

Travelchic, we flew with Singapore airlines, the 10pm flight from Heathrow, they were really good and the A380 was amazing, lots of space and loads of empty seats so got to have a lye down to sleep for a bit!

Guest Guest6235
Just to let you know, it's done nothing but rain here since the weekend and a lovely warm 13C !!! Do I here someone laughing !!! lol

Yeah it's dismal isn't it .... now just off to ASDA living in your neck of the woods

Wow, we have finally arrived in Perth!

After what had been a whirlwind few weeks, we said our last goodbyes on Sunday and arrived in Perth 23hrs ago. The last couple of weeks were just surreal, lots of people to see and places to go before we left so no time to even think about what was ahead. Once on the plane though with everything behind us there was plenty of time to reflect... and boy did it hit me then! OMG what have we done, we have just abandoned our lives to go to the other side of the world...GULP

Anyway once we landed it was back to excitment, the midnight air was still warmer than midday in uk when we left and hubby said he could smell the Eucalyptus(?) in the air, although I think he might have been imagining it lol.

We all had a good 7 hr sleep in the hotel then drove up to our short term rental up in Ridgewood, which is way nicer than I was expecting by the way. Kids were in bed by 9.30pm and at the moment, touch wood, there is no sign of jet lag with any of us yet. Lots to do over the next couple of weeks and looking forward to exploring and making our own little nest in Perth!

Congratulations on the big move and enjoy your adventure. I'm sure I will feel exactly the same when the time comes, if it ever comes!!!! Enjoy and I will look forward to hearing all about your first weeks.

Thanks nikki. What was the in flight entertainment like for the kids. I am happy reading a book but i had a quick look on their website and i couldn't see much in the way of kids tv/films x x

TThere's loads of kids films and TV series on the A380. Johnny won't be bored at all!