midwifery in private hospitals

what was it that put you off Sue? my friend works in public and does bank shifts in private- she loves the pay and conditions! she works in joondalup.

The lady said they don't like direct entry and only want nurse midwives so when it's quiet u can go into general nursing! She said its nothing personal its all money related! She also said the drs do everything and as a midwife u do as they say and they deliver the babies. I had thought it maybe a nice change but she said I would not be popular!! Very direct!!!

what was it that put you off Sue? my friend works in public and does bank shifts in private- she loves the pay and conditions! she works in joondalup.

The lady said they don't like direct entry and only want nurse midwives so when it's quiet u can go into general nursing! She said its nothing personal its all money related! She also said the drs do everything and as a midwife u do as they say and they deliver the babies. I had thought it maybe a nice change but she said I would not be popular!! Very direct!!!

Probably quite true, the docs do deliver and if you don't ring them in time you're in trouble! it's not dynamic midwifery at all but easy money. My friend is direct entry like me and gets work in Aus no problem x

Probably quite true, the docs do deliver and if you don't ring them in time you're in trouble! it's not dynamic midwifery at all but easy money. My friend is direct entry like me and gets work in Aus no problem x

That's good to hear! She made me doubt I'd get a job!!

doctors deliver the babies as that is what they pay private for , was quite shocked when they come out when called straight away, also a nice touch in glengarry hospital is the husband can stay not just the birth but all the time , sleep as well, and they do a couple meal for them before they leave. Think it will be a lot different to the uk.

Hope you get jobs as it is so laid back and the time there is to help the new mum.I am sure you will love it.

So it didn't go well then? It doesn't sound like the nicest place to work anyway if her attitude is anything to go by! Not popular?! Ha that makes me laugh, since when were midwives popular with medics anyhow!!!

It went well and she called for refs yesterday but she mentioned they had two private hospitals looking for midwifes. She said the big new hospitals are public and private so I'd be fine. She also told me Fiona Stanley do not have a maternity unit planned?!!

doctors deliver the babies as that is what they pay private for , was quite shocked when they come out when called straight away, also a nice touch in glengarry hospital is the husband can stay not just the birth but all the time , sleep as well, and they do a couple meal for them before they leave. Think it will be a lot different to the uk.

Hope you get jobs as it is so laid back and the time there is to help the new mum.I am sure you will love it.

That does sound lovely particularly after a 12hr shift on delivery with no break!