Lance Holt School in Fremantle

Sideshowdeb

I'm just looking at schools for my children and I've come across a school I've never seen before. It's the Lance Holt School in Fremantle and it looks lovely.

I know I shouldn't get carried away by a nice website, but it gave me a good feeling. The way they described themselves and all the things the children do made me smile reading it. They don't have a school uniform and it's sounds as though they get the children out and about into the community quite a lot. I think it might be a good fit for my daughter? I won't and can't choose a school from the website but on the other hand I can't visit all of them either so I'm trying to narrow down the search and I would love to hear from anyone that has any experience of this school.

Thanks in advance

Deb and Bella x

It has a good reputation and a particular teaching style but it is very, very hard to get into. The school is tiny and there's massive demand for places there.

I'd advise taking a look at it first, the structure and style might not suit your children and of course it's a fee paying school but like most here the fees are very small.

It has a good reputation and a particular teaching style but it is very, very hard to get into. The school is tiny and there's massive demand for places there.

I'd advise taking a look at it first, the structure and style might not suit your children and of course it's a fee paying school but like most here the fees are very small.

Thanks, I heard back from the school who said because of their size the waiting lists don't move very quickly, and they're full for all year groups. I'm going to take Belle for a look around when we get there, but I won't get my hopes up.

Thanks anyway, it's definitely on my list to visit. Rich isn't keen. Too alternative for him but I think it would suit Bella? How's your son doing? Have things gotten a bit easier for him? X

Yeh, he's now 50:50 here and home. He's settling in better and I think it'll help even more once we move into our own place. Looks like we might be renting a house in Secret Harbour...turns out a friends family live there and are just completing a new build with pool we can rent. :biggrin:

• 7 months later...
@Sideshowdeb I wondered whether you had found a school yet? I know LH have some availability

I know Deb got her son into John Curtin and daughter into East Fremantle. Sorry Deb, if you read this....1. For answering for you but most importantly, 2. For never having answered you above. I must've missed your post. Yes, I decided to leave the twins where they are until we were hopefully offered a place at my eldest's school. Thankfully they've been offered a place from February 2016. I hope yours are settling in well xxx