ImmilBees

IELTS...Nurses, do I need Academic or general?

Hi I am just applying for my IELTS today,

I have the application form downloaded, and I am reading the seven steps to applying on the website and it says, check with your organisation whether you need to sit the Academic or General training test.

Is my Organisation Australian Department of immigration and border control?

It has a link to click, but that just takes me to a list of organisations, but doesn't tell me what test I need to sit.

Anyone done this and have any ideas? Please

Ha thank you. Academic it is! x

Are you both nurses? Are you degree or diploma trained? Have the rule changes with APHRA affected you at all?

Ha thank you. Academic it is! x

Are you both nurses? Are you degree or diploma trained? Have the rule changes with APHRA affected you at all?

im a direct entry degree midwife. also not applying until we know roughly when we're off so not looked into it lately. what's changed?

J x

I needed general for the visa but then you need academic for anmac! ended up doing both but at least it gave me practice:jiggy:

im a direct entry degree midwife. also not applying until we know roughly when we're off so not looked into it lately. what's changed?

J x

APHRA have changed their criteria, in October, and made it harder to get registration and a pin to work as a nurse. It seems at the moment only degree trained nurses are being allowed to have a pin, but it is taking 10 months and longer for people to get a response, and these are degree trained people as well, the diploma trained ones are either not getting anything back or being told sorry you can't have a pin you need to do a bridging course x

Even I would be going for IELTS in this year and have started studying already in pretty advance. I need to get a high band score at least 7+ so feeling quite stressed about it. Does anyone here know about a good institute for ielts coaching in chandigarh? It’ll be very helpful for me!