Bike Permit

Debbie Medhurst

Hi all,

My family and I are emigrating in November, getting nervous by the minute. Our son Jack is due to start Senior School and we have a few questions. Jack intends on riding his bike to school, his school insists that the bike has to be in a good working order, has to have a bike helmet and a bike permit. What are the requirements in Perth please . Jack is hoping on attending Canning Vale College as this is the area we are looking to move to.. Any help would be great please.

My daughters went to 2 separate primary schools in the northern suburbs. Both of them did a bike education course at school in year 6.

My children's school did something along these lines too, but we were told that there was no nationally or statewide recognised system like the UK and that it was up to each school to put something on or not. The local High School at the time had a community Police Officer attached to them and he organised the course. Mind you that was 20 years ago so I don't know how the situation stands now.

My children's school did something along these lines too, but we were told that there was no nationally or statewide recognised system like the UK and that it was up to each school to put something on or not. The local High School at the time had a community Police Officer attached to them and he organised the course. Mind you that was 20 years ago so I don't know how the situation stands now.

I think it is becoming more common, certainly up here where I live. Many older primary kids up my way go to Rottnest on school camps and as we all know cycling is very important there.