Falcon. South Halls Head, Halls Head Primary School

PRIZ

Hi Cleowag

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay its been mad busy with organising everything to go.

Yes Swinton is near us, as for my four year old starting school, they have said he will start in February 2015, he is five in October.

We have also been looking at Falcon High School, not sure if you looked at that one?

They seem to be very helpful in replying to me and what is required for when we land.

The school applications for jobs are proving to be hard, they say will interview over sees teachers, but i've nothing yet, they have set format to follow called SAO, you have to get this sport on to be short listed.

Do you have a planned date for leaving?

What is the SAO format?

SAO = Situation (Set the Schene) - Action that you took - Outcome of situation because of your action.

This is the norm for positions within public sector in WA for any job. Basically they are looking to see if you have the initiative to deal with situations and problems and how you would do it. Not easy to start with but there is a great website with examples and a book that you can purchase online. http://writeawinningjobapplication.com.au/ Well worth the money. Lyoyd White is a well respected recruitment/HR authority in WA, especially within the public sector

Thanks Rossmoyne! [emoji3]

My pleasure... good luck and let us know how you go...

Before I retired last year I used this book and website to help me fine tune my job applicatioins and I gained each position I applied for... I worked on contract in the public sector in HR for 20 years in WA..... Lloyd White never let me down so I hope it works for you! Friends still in the public sector tell me that they all use his advice... Let us all know eh??

Wow, I definitely need some advise and guidance for sure, well struggling, do they send the book to the UK? this sounds a little crazy, but they sort of said only Australia.

Not sure about that Priz - perhaps contact them and say you will pay the airmail postage.... Lots of helpful stuff on the website though.

• 2 months later...

Hi be really interested to hear any info about schools - I'm headings I mandurah hopefully April ish next year. I have a 9 and a 6 year

Old. Good luck, I've just realised you flew out today! Anita

Hi all

We are new to the forum, never used them before, so we are just after a little information about some primary schools please. We are flying on the 26th of November 2014, very exciting indeed, but at the same time very nervous about the move.

We will probably be renting in Port Bouvard, I think this is sorted now, we are looking at the schools in the title (F,SHH,HH) for our 8 year old and 4 year old boys.

also, I am a PE teacher (Currently Curriculum Leader of the Department) and will be seeking employment within the PE sector before we land if possible.

So any advice and guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi be really interested to hear any info about schools - I'm headings I mandurah hopefully April ish next year. I have a 9 and a 6 year

Old. Good luck, I've just realised you flew out today! Anita

Hi, I'm a primary teacher in mandurah. We came over in August and I've been doing relief teaching in most of the schools in the area. Just been given a full time job at Frederick Irwin for the new school year, yay! If I can help in any way just ask or pm me. I've twin boys aged 9.

Hi, I'm a primary teacher in mandurah. We came over in August and I've been doing relief teaching in most of the schools in the area. Just been given a full time job at Frederick Irwin for the new school year, yay! If I can help in any way just ask or pm me. I've twin boys aged 9.

Well done @aligard! Which year group will you be teaching?

Ps. I have twins too aged 8 :smile:

hi, I'll be teaching year 7. Thank you, I'm really pleased : ) It's a lovely school. I think your children go there don't they?

My eldest does; he'll be going into year 6 next year so no doubt you'll meet him the year after :wink: My younger 2 are hopefully starting in year 5 in 2016.

Fantastic news you've managed to secure a permanent role there :smile: