Ceramic garden pots....

SaffanZimbo

We will be renting our UK house and I was intending to leave my vast collection of potted plants behind but MIL has insisted that we plant these out into the garden in case our tenants do not want the bother of watering individual pots - and I see the sense in this. However - MIL wants me to deep clean all the pots and take them with to Perth as they are lovely and worth quite a few £'s.

I am however loathe to try and deep clean them and then treat with Jeyes Fluid (10-20 pots of varied sizes) as I'm not sure even then they will pass an ACQUIS inspection so I am tempted to leave them behind.... Thoughts anyone?

We will be renting our UK house and I was intending to leave my vast collection of potted plants behind but MIL has insisted that we plant these out into the garden in case our tenants do not want the bother of watering individual pots - and I see the sense in this. However - MIL wants me to deep clean all the pots and take them with to Perth as they are lovely and worth quite a few £'s.

I am however loathe to try and deep clean them and then treat with Jeyes Fluid (10-20 pots of varied sizes) as I'm not sure even then they will pass an ACQUIS inspection so I am tempted to leave them behind.... Thoughts anyone?

Garden pots will attract AQIS Inspectors like flies to poo, I would imagine you will be given the following choice when they arrive here in Perth, pay to have them professionally sterilised or pay to have them destroyed, doesn't matter how clean they are, we left every pice of 'garden anything' back in the UK?:wacko:

Thanks Druid and nikkiwd! MIL flies back to South Africa on the 12th September so that weekend I'll have a combined garage sale with our neighbours and try to get rid of the pots, garden furniture, weber, air con unit and other bits we aren't taking with. If they don't sell at the garage sale I'll then try gumtree.