what pets do you have ? and are you like me love them to bits.

annjean

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved my staffy/Lab would love another one but not black I would feel like I was replacing Sooty.Can not have pets here so going to have to suffer untill we buy.So miss not having a dog I am the same looking at other dogs in the park.When go past pet shop stand for ages watching them play.

Up until 5 minutes ago, i had two Goldfish. Unfortunatley, 'goldie' ( original, i know) has just bob'd his last breath and died under his air rock. We just hope 'crystal' doesnt follow now or die of depression and boredom.

He will be buried at sunset in a kitchen roll blanket and oreo box with full military honours.

i know what you mean elfie, i was one of these people who couldn't understand people that were so attached to there pets, well since we now have 2 dogs 2 cats i would not want to lose them, i talk to them and tell them they are my little girls, so funny:biggrin: i am still trying to upload photos

Can't be doing with drool. I've just been researching them and have the vets bills keeps coming up again and again. Also says they are antisocial at times. Look stunning though. I don't want to get the wrong pet for us, it needs to be spot on and be part of the family. I must admit, your little black pug looks lovely. Just not sure about bulging eyes (do they weep?) and breathing probs in heat.

Dogs that have I have considered so far:

Labradoodles (like the chocolate wavy ones seen in the UK but they all look too poodley and wooly in Perth)

Chocolate Lab - Handsome and a good all rounder, loves water but very common?

weinerama - mesmerising to look at, blue ghosts. But maybe too skinny and hyper. Someone on here has one and advised caution. I'd love to be corrected.

German pointer - Elegant and calm but masses of exercise?

Beagal - beautiful and so soft but runs off and hard to train

Portuguese Water Dog - great for the beach and pool, not too big.

Staffy - small and compact, comes in blue, wonderful family pet but always seems to have its mouth open panting. Not sure if it is soft enough. Not keen on water?

Just like choosing an a area to live in, you can't do it from just researching it on the web. You need to see it in person. I want to meet these breeds and see which ones I fall in love with. My head will lead me in the right direction but it has to be my heart that confirms that logical thinking.

Anyone have experience of any of these and could give advice?

Over the years I have had terriers,lurchers,a rottie,lab and now we have a 2 1/2 year old GSP,he is easily the best dog I've had. We've had him from a pup brilliant with the little one, he doesn't need exercising for hours,he loves other dogs and everyone who sees him especially the people who know about dogs. love him and are always convinced he's a working dog as he looks so well.

Great temperament,very obedient (to only one person 'tho as they have one "master") and very loyal.

Just wish I hadn't had his nuts off I would have made a small fortune!

This is Lilly. She's our Kelpie/Whippet cross and she's obsessed with birds. If you're ever on South Beach you might see her sprinting up and down, chasing the gulls. She's a really timid little thing, scared of her own shadow but she's great with the kids, loves cuddles and is the most gentle dog I've ever known.

IMG_2180.JPG

Akasully2

Yeh, Harvey is rare as he's all one colour. He really is 4 1/2 stone of cuteness. Pointers are either long (wirey)or short haired. He's been legally docked which is not needed. But is funny when it's wagging. He points naturally at prey. All round great dog and IMO the best of the gun dogs. I Don't know if there are many in OZ but wouldn't think of leaving him here now. We could of bred or shown him with the papers and breeding he's got but he's a part of the family not a trophy. I will sort some pics :rolleyes:

Edited by 7cdb

Akasully2

Yeh, Harvey is rare as he's all one colour. He really is 4 1/2 stone of cuteness. Pointers are either long (wirey)or short haired. He's been legally docked which is not needed. But is funny when it's wagging. He points naturally at prey. All round great dog and IMO the best of the gun dogs. I Don't know if there are many in OZ but wouldn't think of leaving him here now. We could of bred or shown him with the papers and breeding he's got but he's a part of the family not a trophy. I will sort some pics :rolleyes:

Yes, pics please! I think they are beautiful. I love their deep muzzle. If I could find a brown and roan one that could point, I would be happy. Just thought they needed masses of exercise. Do you ever leave him for periods at home, if so, how does he cope?

Yes, pics please! I think they are beautiful. I love their deep muzzle. If I could find a brown and roan one that could point, I would be happy. Just thought they needed masses of exercise. Do you ever leave him for periods at home, if so, how does he cope?

Nah like any dog they need exercise,but stimulating exercise swimming he loves as long as a stick or ball is involved. My mrs doesnt work and is at home with little one and the dog (which is more than full time I know!)

We have left him ocasionally for the day with the back door open or out the front (large gates) he sounds the business when anyone walks past. But thats about it! He just chills out and we have asked neighbours about any noise.....nothing.

I can honestly say after the first initial power struggle when he was out of the cute pup stage. He has been nothing but pleasure.

He's just bigger to cuddle now!

Cant suss pics out I will try to e mail you some