Schools - Port Kennedy

Guest tomo family

• 3 months later...
Hi has anyone any advice on schools in Perth - Port Kennedy area? I have 2 girls aged 12 and 9?:confused:

There is Port Kennedy, Endeavour and Koorana Primary and Warnbro Community High School.

Port Kennedy Primary http://www.portkennedyps.det.wa.edu.au

Endeavour Primary http://www.endeavourschools.det.wa.edu.au

Koorana Primary http://www.kooranaps.det.wa.edu.au

Warnbro High http://www.warnbro.wa.edu.au

Primary, you need to live in the catchment area.

• 1 year later...
Guest carturtle

I've heard terrible things about the local state school - Rockingham, Safety Bay and Warnbro. Of the 3 I think Warnbro has the better reputation was a vocational school.

Guest emi-great

Hi

Your youngest child would go to one of the local primary schools, depending on where you settle... my clients have sent children to all the local primary schools & the majority have been happy with the schools.

Your eldest child would probably go to the local high school depending on their birthday... I have not had any bad reports from people who have stayed with us although some have chosen to send their teenagers to private schools.

I dont know what terrible things the previous poster has heard? But as far as I know the schools are reasonable, however they are all large schools so it depends what your child is used to. When you arrive go to the school ask to look around & see what you think but I dont think any of them are horrendous & when you get to senior school it is dependant on the childs attitude as much as anything... if a child will do well they will do well wherever they are.

Eve

www.emi-great.com

• 1 year later...
Guest evelynyap

hi all, i am planning to migrate my family with 4 kids to perth next year. i do not have any idea about perth compare to melbourne. pls do advise me about good school in port kennedy, any expat family(asian), amenities around the area and cost of getting a 3/4 beadroom. i hope someone can let me know more details about port kennedy becos i had read the website about endeavour primary school which have a very good system where they provide supports for the special needs students. i have a 10years girl who is having learning difficulties and i desperately need to look for school for her where they have better facilities in perth compare to my country. how far is port kennedy to perth city or airport?

thank you:smiloe:

• 4 months later...
Guest jaybers222

Hello all,

Getting very excited and slightly overwhelmed about flying from sunny Glasgow to Perth on the 29th Nov with OH and two wee girls, 6 and 4.

We have been invited for interview at Living Waters Lutheran College and seems like a good school. They have been friendly over email anyway. Out of the blue, we have also been invited for interview at Quinns Baptist near Mindarie in the north.

Does anyone have any advice about which school / area may be better? Quinns Baptist want $300 to secure two places. We only visited the north in July, hence the place, but explored the south and were drawn to it from what we have seen online.

Tough call, but fantastic opportunity already!!!

Jaybers

There is a Catholic school in the Port Kennedy area, its St Bernadettes, catholic primary, not sure how high the classes go to, its in Grand ocean Boulevarde, across the road from a government primary school, in the locality

of St Clair, (the name of the housing estate set up by the developer, Peet, some 25 years ago)

Port Kennedy stretches from up near the Warnbro Fair (Centro) shopping centre,on Warnbro Drive, down to Port Kennedy drive , which then goes all the way to the coast , and to Long Point beach (that`s marked as Becher Point on all the maps for this area)

I don`t have children at any of these schools, but I listen to what my neighbours tell me, and as far as they are concerned normal school curriculums offer, interesting and social classes, where each child is listened too, and taught as much as any child will comprehend. Social skills are learnt, at the same time. Whether you wish to pay more for a private school is up to you, but sometimes, that gives your children, the wrong sort of approach to life, but that`s up to your pocket, but in the same token, if you send your children to a private school, and live in the neighbourhood, where none of your children make friends with their peers, in the area, they live in, its you who will be the one, taking your kids to meet and greets, out of your own neighbourhood, probably klms from home.

Do you get what I am saying,? If you live in the neighbourhood, you get accepted more, and you intergrate better, if your children, don`t attend a private school, your children, will meet and become friends with children in their own age group, and that will also help you make friends with your neighbours, service groups, sports clubs, social clubs, etc. Thus making your life an easier intergration into Aussie life.

You don`t want to have to be always driving to out of the way places, klms from home so your children, can socialize with their private school mates, play sport every weekend, and have to travel too far, that you don`t enjoy it along the way.

But what do I know anyway...... I just listen to my neighbours complaining,

I live among a league of nations, Chinese, South African, *poms* Indians, Pakistani, Kiwi`s, even a few Swedes.

But as I said its Your decision! Don`t quote me, my kids don`t live here, 2 live in Brisbane and one in Britain.

cheers