Car insurance - personal/business

Raychelsb

My husband has bought a 4x4 which was going to be for personal use and travel to a from work (he starts a job on Monday, he has just arrived this week in Perth.) He is now going to use his vehicle for work use and his company are going to pay for fuel.

Do we therefore need to get business insurance? I have got a quote on RAC and the difference is not massive, but I was worried selecting business would mean he is only covered for business use and not personal??

Thanks everyone

You normally get both when you tick the 'business ' box on the online quotes, RAC are expensive, have you tried compare the meerkat to get different quotes online :biglaugh:, I'm with Alliance, I tried to beat their quote every year but can't, also they are really helpful when you call them, perhaps it would be worth your while giving them a call and they can give you a tailored quote to suit your needs

Thanks Druid. RAC have come out more expensive but not by much to be honest and they didnt ask as many questions with regards to modifications etc (The Ford escape is dual fuel which I believe is a modification??) I am trying to sor the insurance out from the UK for hubby in Perth!