Alkimos Baptist College - any comments?

rubyron

Hi

We are thinking of registering our kids and getting them on the waiting list. I have read some great things and also comments about bullying and pulling their kids out of this school etc. Could just be a disgruntled ex pupil/parent/staff member.

Any views, comments as we are still in the UK and can't visit!

Thank you

Thanks. I have had a look at their website. Seems very good. Fair bit more expensive than ABC plus excursions etc so we may struggle with St James. Want to send them to a school within the suburb we live in and don't want to be shipping them to Merriwa long term.

We used to live in Heathridge and I worked in the city and husband worked in Malaga. Now as we plan on coming back with kids, we don't need to be so close to the city and would like to be close to the beach and for affordability, the further north we go the better it is money-wise. I would like the kids to go to school in the same suburb as they live (or as close to it). But without a school Alkimos is a bit of a question mark and maybe will look at a more established suburb. Yanchep has been mentioned but not looked into there as yet.

• 5 weeks later...

Quinns Rocks Baptist school is a bit closer to Alkimos than Merriwa, is a very popular school, also Peter Moyes school has a good reputation, a friend of mine her son goes to the Merriwa Alkimos Baptist they live in Yanchep when I asked her when the new school would be opening she did not know, by the way Butler train station now open.