Adult Education...?

Victoriwa

Could any kind souls advise me on the Aussie adult education system please?

I am currently looking into taking on English & Science GCSEs in order to get into a Health & Social degree. Having now learned that GCSEs just aren't recognised in Aus, I'm wondering whether I ought to wait until we migrate (12-24 months time) to look at getting onto courses over there...

Does anyone have any practical advice for me please??!

v :)

Could any kind souls advise me on the Aussie adult education system please?

I am currently looking into taking on English & Science GCSEs in order to get into a Health & Social degree. Having now learned that GCSEs just aren't recognised in Aus, I'm wondering whether I ought to wait until we migrate (12-24 months time) to look at getting onto courses over there...

Does anyone have any practical advice for me please??!

v :)

I believe A levels are recognised. If you can't do that in the timescale you have left in the UK then wait until you get here and take some form of Uni entrance pathway at Tafe once you get here. There are many pathways into further education here. Google Curtin, ECU, Murdoch, UWA and Notre Dame. They are the Universities in Perth and their websites will give you an indication on the entry requirements for the degree courses you are looking at.

I believe A levels are recognised. If you can't do that in the timescale you have left in the UK then wait until you get here and take some form of Uni entrance pathway at Tafe once you get here. There are many pathways into further education here. Google Curtin, ECU, Murdoch, UWA and Notre Dame. They are the Universities in Perth and their websites will give you an indication on the entry requirements for the degree courses you are looking at.

Thank you for that Arwen; very helpful!

English GCSE may be worth doing as you need to show your competency in English. I am sure I read that GCSE English would count as that. It's the only GCSE that Uni's will take any notice of.

I agree with the posters - do the English as it will be proof of competency and explore the bridging unit pathways into Uni.

Thank you guys... Thought I may have gotten away with that then!