Guest Guest6235

Guest Guest6235

She teaches 11-18 year olds here but the college she has chosen near Perth she will be teaching just 16-18 year olds. Two days a week she will work until 3.20 & two days at 4.20pm!! But on a Wednesday she doesn't have to teach, Wednesday mornings are teachers meetings and in the afternoon she can do what she wants. My wife thought maybe do marking in the afternoon but the guy who offered her the job said go and do your shopping or get to the beach on a Wednesday afternoon...what a guy.

Edited by Guest6235

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest6235

After just moving to Tapping and picking up the free local paper that gets delivered, what do I read....police are driving round in unmarked cars to try and clamp down on a spate of burglaries that have been happening in the area since early December.....just can't win.

Guest Guest6235

Yeah just joined that Carramar and Tapping residents association on FB. It does seem extraordinary the amount of crime happening when you look into it. The police are going round Tapping in unmarked cars to try and get them.

I'm not really all that sure about the not a lot happens anymore so that's why it gets reported, not when you see the amount of people that come out the woodwork saying they got done.

Edited by Guest6235

Guest Guest6235

Another post just made on the Carramar and Tapping residents FB page. A woman has posted her and family just got back from holidays to her home in Ashby and had house ransacked (smashed windows), all children's christening jewellery taken. I know people say it happens everywhere but really the amount of people it's happening too is frightening. I know criminals are targeting around Carramar area at the moment but this is worrying, not sure we'll sleep. I think more thieves will target empty houses on Monday.

career criminals, makes crime look bad but probably the same gang doing all of them in each area. we have roller shutters and really strong wire fly screens on every door and window so hopefully a bit more of a challenge for them. Our neighbours kids go to school in Duncraig so she has lots of mummy friends there, apparently lots of break ins there at the moment as well. I suppose in a well off area people have better stuff for the thieves to steal!

Guest Guest6235

Yeah our windows and doors just have locks, it would be different if it was ours, sad though that the shutters are required. I guess we didn't think about crime as much back in England as our own house was more secure and area relatively safe.....although 15/20 mins down the road was different.

Edited by Guest6235

Yeah just joined that Carramar and Tapping residents association on FB. It does seem extraordinary the amount of crime happening when you look into it. The police are going round Tapping in unmarked cars to try and get them.

I'm not really all that sure about the not a lot happens anymore so that's why it gets reported, not when you see the amount of people that come out the woodwork saying they got done.

You will have seen my post about the guy whistling last night!

There does seem to be a lot happening at the moment but it happens everywhere, it's only because of social media we are aware of it

Guest Guest6235

Was that post on the FB site I was referring to? Was it the original post or in response to someone else?

Think I've just seen your comment .... was it the 2am whistling one in response to somebody having their carport done over.......

Edited by Guest6235

Media plays a huge part in polarising things and one thing to note is burglary is seasonal - your in middle of summer hols over there. It's the Peak time for burglaries with folks on hols and therefore the reporting of it follows suit so bear this in mind....

Negative Burglary stats hit headlines here this week in uk too...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/uk-top-20-burglary-hotspots-revealed-manchester-top-but-london-dominates-list-9082314.html

I've taken a look at the stats on rates per 1000 in Perth and overall they are surprisingly similar to UK(thought they would be better) - suburbs we are looking at compare quite favourably though so it's all about weighing it up..

This article is a bit old but I Much prefer reading news through a more positive lens...

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/we-reveal-perths-safest-areas/story-e6frg143-1226367679291

Yeah, not belittling it or indeed dismissing impact on individual lives affected but that's not the bigger picture. Broader, longer term stats and trends enable a more balanced setting of ones general expectations. Social media is great but it can contain significant bias in perceptions....trust me I analyse this stuff for a living...

I once lived in Coventry and was repeatedly burgled by different neighbours in different areas...bad luck & back experiences.com. Couldn't broadcast this anywhere as social media didn't exist then...

We were burgled in the UK on our wedding night. We came back OH was going to carry me over the threshold and realised the door was wide open. We thought someone had gone in to throw petals on the bed or some sort of trick, but when we got inside the place had been completely ransacked and everything of any worth ( and lots that wasn't ) all gone. Thankfully our dog was in Kennels as we were off on honeymoon the following day. All our clothes were taken out and strewn all over the bed it was horrible. I was paranoid after that as the OH was a Nightshift worker so I didn't sleep after. Im fine here despite OH working FIFO but I'm glad I have the dog and my son is nearly 6ft tall so that helps. I was shocked though how many people here leave car doors open, garage doors wide open all night. A lot that gets reported you just have to wonder sometimes.

Edited by Give me a break!

You cannot be plagued by fear. Take all the precautions you are able and stop worrying. Worrying is pointless about something like this. You can't change it you can just minimise your risk. But then again I am not a worrier, certainly not about things I cannot change.

Guest Guest6235

I know you all think I'm crazy going on about this but another attempted break in, unfortunately Tapping again so a warning to anybody who lives there. A woman sat in her back garden at 12.05pm this afternoon alerted when her two staffies stopped 2males from gaining entry this is description she's given to police........ between 27 to 36 red Suzuki little 4wd tattoos sleeves on both arms .... Police are out patrolling ...woodbine loop

Guest Guest6235

It's the fact all these women reporting it who are home alone Porty. On the Tapping residents association there are reports everyday of this happening, I'm not really looking for it but just a member on their page. I want to be aware of what is happening and not bury my head in the sand. It does seem very common. My wife heard a noise last night so I walked round the house, luckily everything ok but people on that FB site are all edge with what's happening. Also worth warning anyone on here who lives in this area!

Edited by Guest6235

Get your self a very large Rottweiler you will be safe as anything. Id lend you mine but id miss her too much. She's protective of our house and of me. She sleeps in the bedroom at night if she hears an ant fart she puts herself between me and the bedroom window. Someone came round our area whistling at 1 am couple of days before we got her. They came back the first night she went nuts barking have no whistling joint casing since. Am not a scaredy cat the house is alarmed also but the dogs a better deterrent..................

Ps I'm a fifo widow on my own lots too dogs the best thing ever

Edited by elfie