Carpenter VETASSESS assesment positive result

Robwilliams

On Monday I had my technical interview in Manchester for carpentry, logged on this morning to the Vetassess website and it said "positive" under the results :biggrin:

The interview went well and the assessor was easy to get on with, it lasted approx hour and a half and there were about 40 questions. It was done over the internet via webcam conference with the assessor based in OZ.

He skipped quite a few questions especially the h&s questions as he said there is no point questioning me on them as I work within that role at the moment and the carpentry questions were basic and anyone that has worked within carpentry for a few years would easily pass.

The questions are based on what they teach Australian apprentices and is similar to what uk students are taught.

Now I have to wait for the results to come through the post for the much needed reference number unless anyone knows what number I need to use from the vetassess login page?

Then I can submit my EOI and then hopefully not too long to wait until I get invited to apply for my 189 visa.

All very exciting, fingers crossed carpentry isn't removed from the occupation list before I apply for my visa.

Congratulations! What an exciting time for you!

My partner and I are just in the early stages of getting everything together in terms of paperwork and reference letters for the assessment. Can I please ask have you been self-employed as a carpenter? Would be interested in exactly what paperwork you submitted to vetassess? Or any advice you can offer? It's good to hear you didn't find the technical interview difficult or too long.

We are definitely keeping our finger's crossed that carpentry does not get removed any time soon from the list!

Congratulations! What an exciting time for you!

My partner and I are just in the early stages of getting everything together in terms of paperwork and reference letters for the assessment. Can I please ask have you been self-employed as a carpenter? Would be interested in exactly what paperwork you submitted to vetassess? Or any advice you can offer? It's good to hear you didn't find the technical interview difficult or too long.

We are definitely keeping our finger's crossed that carpentry does not get removed any time soon from the list!

I have been employed working for a company not self employed so I can't help you there. All I would say is send everything you possibly can, I sent everything I had and extra such as photos of work I have done even though I wasn't in the photos.

Also make sure you read who can certify documents, we had a police officer do ours as there aren't many other options that are applicable in the UK.

The technical interview covered basic things such as identify parts of a hipped roof, stud walls, high velocity and low velocity nail guns, how to set out a site, how to use a site level.

you are asked 10 questions first such as describe what your current role is, have you done anything to improve your productivity within the last few years, what makes you a good team member.

I'm sure your husband/partner will do fine as long as he has not recently qualified as a carpenter he will be fine.