• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kazb67

Its a huntsman, they are super fast!

2 more things to add to the TO DO list........hypnotherapy & pack my bike. I'd cause an accident if I was driving & that popped out.

My brother has his house fumigated, can you not do that with cars?!?!?! Wowzer lol I'd never even considered spiders in my car

2 more things to add to the TO DO list........hypnotherapy & pack my bike. I'd cause an accident if I was driving & that popped out.

My brother has his house fumigated, can you not do that with cars?!?!?! Wowzer lol I'd never even considered spiders in my car

Spiders, especially pregnant spiders, love cars as they can find a nice warm hidey hole to hang around to give birth. A few years ago I was driving my very new car with minimal Kms on the clock, south on the Graham Farmer Freeway.... we were just past the Gt Eastern Hwy exit when an extremely large extremely pregnant Huntsman the size of my hand, crawled out of the air vent on the passenger side and started to stroll across the dashboard in my direction! I was in the outside lane at the time but just switched on my indicators on and travelled left at a rate of knots to get off what was by then Orrong Road.... parked my car on the first side street I could find and exited car as said Huntsman made it to the driving wheel. I cannot thank the gentleman whose house I screamed to a halt in front of enough, because if he hadn't come to my aid and removed the spider, that very new car would not have seen me again as its driver! Got home eventually once my blood pressure had subsided, and I sprayed cans and cans of all sorts of insect killer into every orifice that car has. But I am an Arachnophobe.... others would just go with it I know.....

Spiders, especially pregnant spiders, love cars as they can find a nice warm hidey hole to hang around to give birth. A few years ago I was driving my very new car with minimal Kms on the clock, south on the Graham Farmer Freeway.... we were just past the Gt Eastern Hwy exit when an extremely large extremely pregnant Huntsman the size of my hand, crawled out of the air vent on the passenger side and started to stroll across the dashboard in my direction! I was in the outside lane at the time but just switched on my indicators on and travelled left at a rate of knots to get off what was by then Orrong Road.... parked my car on the first side street I could find and exited car as said Huntsman made it to the driving wheel. I cannot thank the gentleman whose house I screamed to a halt in front of enough, because if he hadn't come to my aid and removed the spider, that very new car would not have seen me again as its driver! Got home eventually once my blood pressure had subsided, and I sprayed cans and cans of all sorts of insect killer into every orifice that car has. But I am an Arachnophobe.... others would just go with it I know.....

wow, that made me shudder! Well done for staying so calm & not causing a pile-up!! Bless that man who helped!

Sorry everyone for hijacking this thread with my irrational spider fear. Typical Pom eh lol.

Great thread, made me laugh soooooo much

Sorry to continue the spider topic but the story about the car seriously terrified me. Realistically how often would something like this happen, and how often do you encounter the big ones in your houses? Just about got my head around them being in the house, but crawling out of nowhere in the car while I'm driving would be something out my own private horror movie. Any practical advice would be greatly appreciated.

Skills assessment should be in this week, hopefully eoi by the end of April so too far in to back out !:laugh:

Sorry to continue the spider topic but the story about the car seriously terrified me. Realistically how often would something like this happen, and how often do you encounter the big ones in your houses? Just about got my head around them being in the house, but crawling out of nowhere in the car while I'm driving would be something out my own private horror movie. Any practical advice would be greatly appreciated.

Skills assessment should be in this week, hopefully eoi by the end of April so too far in to back out !:laugh:

I have lived here 25 years and that was the only episode of a spider in the car that has happened to me. It was a new car, with well under 1000 kms on the clock and had probably been sitting around in a car yard at the docks for quite a while before I purchased it. And no I wasn't calm at all... just indicated and headed left off the main road! Only ever had one huntsman in the house and he left assisted by a friend who is not arachnophobic..... whilst I hid out in the wardrobe hyperventilating.

I have lived here 25 years and that was the only episode of a spider in the car that has happened to me. It was a new car, with well under 1000 kms on the clock and had probably been sitting around in a car yard at the docks for quite a while before I purchased it. And no I wasn't calm at all... just indicated and headed left off the main road! Only ever had one huntsman in the house and he left assisted by a friend who is not arachnophobic..... whilst I hid out in the wardrobe hyperventilating.

Thank you so much, this has really put my mind at rest, was imagining all sorts!

Bedroom was decorated over Easter to get ready to put for sale when the visas come through. Hubby got a promotion today so better prospects for a job in oz hopefully. Just waiting for the next little boost, hoping for a positive skills assessment in the next week.:jiggy:

• 8 months later...

YNYIPW

You are so fed up of flies using your ear canal as a runway to land.

You spend a few moments after each landing dreaming up ways that you will be able to catch that one bloody fly and make it pay!!

Those moments soon turn into hours and you are now obsessed with teaching those dam flies a lesson, even thinking about pouring glue into your ears so that you can now trap that dam fly and squish it.

Sometimes I wish I could land in a fly’s ears and let them know just how bloody annoying it is.

I was mowing the lawn last week, finished, came in, opened a beer. Whilst chilling out I knew my face was covered in grass and crap, cleaned my face and picked my nose, yes, in my nose was wet corpse of a fly which I initially thought was a bogey.

I have now the proud owner of the below. Not the mannequin head.

Insect-Mosquito-Cap-Net-Mesh-Face-Protect-Fishing-Hunting-Outdoor-Camping-Jungle-Field-Midge-Fly.jpg