Fruit Picking for Working Holiday Visa Extention

Guest neff4yayo

Guest neff4yayo

Hey Poms.. Me and my fiancee are here in perth on a Working holiday visa.. his parents are here permanently but for ur to get our 2nd year visa we have to participate in 3 months (88 days) fruit picking or farms work within certain postcodes (6041 - 6044 , 6083 - 6084, 6121 - 6126 and 6200 - 6799) because you have to be a certain distance away from perth. We arrived in August and started working at the local I.G.A, we have to finish there 17th March because you can only work for one empoyer for a minimun of 6 months. If anyone knows of any orchards or farms within the postcodes.. we would much apreciate it.. Loving Perth so really dnt wanna go back to miserable England! Thank you

• 1 month later...

Hi neff4yayo

Glad you've got sorted out. Reminds me of when we first started our visa application and were considering a visa based on regional WA. Looked at a place on the map and thought that's ok, doesn't seem that far from Perth, but our migration said you don't want to go there, it's around a 9 hour drive to Perth! Sometimes it's hard to comprehend the size of the place:)