Padchitchat

Mandurah the dream acheived ,hard work starts on monday

Hello fellow PP,s we touched down at Perth yesterday and have the pleasure of waking up in Mandurah for our 1st morning down under WoW what a feeling ,struggling really to put in to words how we feel at the moment but am sure only you the PP family can understand the head full of emotions and thoughts running though our bodies at this time.Back to reality on Monday when all the hard work starts again ie rentals ,cars etc but for the time being just gonna soak up the experience a bit more.Very stormy thanks for your help and advice in July/August hope to meet up soon for a coffee or even a Beer.

3 happys Poms

The Chit Chats ???

Welcome to WA ... I still get those WOW moments from time to time ... had one this morning, looking out towards the back of my garden lol.

Hello fellow PP,s we touched down at Perth yesterday and have the pleasure of waking up in Mandurah for our 1st morning down under WoW what a feeling ,struggling really to put in to words how we feel at the moment but am sure only you the PP family can understand the head full of emotions and thoughts running though our bodies at this time.Back to reality on Monday when all the hard work starts again ie rentals ,cars etc but for the time being just gonna soak up the experience a bit more.Very stormy thanks for your help and advice in July/August hope to meet up soon for a coffee or even a Beer.

3 happys Poms

The Chit Chats ???

hi, welcome to lovely Mandurah! Enjoy : )

I remember my first day waking up in Wannaup. Could not wait to go explore with my crutches had been told I had to use them till he arrived 2 days later then I could be truly freely mobile again haha. Looking back it was a traumatic time prior to flying. Hubby had told me so much about the dolphins. He was away at work - I landed in Perth on my own plus crutches and moon boot wow ......... He had left me instructions to get to Dawesville cut - 1 - go out of door turn left then go 200 yard take the path for 50 mtrs low and behold I was on the path and within 15 mins I saw the dolphins to say I had tears in my eyes was an understatement. I had to wait another day then before we could share that sight again together many tears I hadnt seen him for nearly 3 1/2 mths emotional was not the word. Then in my state of elation bordering manic episode the next day bumped into VS in Coles. Those feelings remained for a very long time. I think 2 1/2 yrs on I realise I live here and I am not on holiday. Enjoy every moment.

Welcome to Mandurah chitchats, hope the jetlag doesn't get you too badly!

Had one of those wow moments on boxing day at Avalon beach with the kids and their new boogie boards and kayak, so happy to realise that this is their playground and we're not just here on holiday :cute:

3 happys Poms

The Chit Chats ???

if you need any advise (mobile phones etc) just ask!!!!

Hi Padchitchat

Welcome to a beautiful part of WA. So glad you chose Mandurah to live as I find a lot of ex pats head to the northern suburbs without looking south. You have arrived at a really good time as Mandurah is growing and offers a fantastic lifestyle for you with lovely beaches, beautiful canals, nice bars and restaurants without being commercial and friendly people, and great train service into Perth. Enjoy the adventure

Thankyou everyone, I have 3 long shifts ahead of me at work and to read this really shows me why it will all be worth it!