Final costs for shipping and on the road costs for car and motorbike UK to WA

SaffanZimbo

The computer's in the shipping container now but as I remember I sent a scan of my V5, a letter of resignation from my job (which I made up because I hadn't officially resigned at that point!), the address of the rental place we're staying at for the first 3 weeks in Perth and I think that was about it.

I kinda had the attitude of "send the minimum and see what else they ask for" but as it turned out they didn't ask for anything else!

The website was a nightmare for me too, mainly as it kept crashing so I had to upload small sizes of all my docs. One thing...where you upload docs to get points I struggled to make up to 100 points or whatever it was with the categories they listed. So that's why I included the one way airline tickets and I also included a statement about where we would be living (with family in Australia). If you don't have the vehicle invoice maybe you could include car registration, insurance...old insurance docs that show you've had it longer than 12 mths...that sort of thing.

I agree @Laz the online application was pretty straightforward and the approval came after about 15 days without me having to chase it up at all. Aaaaah the joy of seeing that pink export form in my inbox!!!

Here's a pic for you all!

[ATTACH]2028[/ATTACH]

Ah, that's the way to do it and keep the car clean! I had the car valeted then the bad weather hit...it was far from spotless externally.

Out of interest, if you put your car in a container are you allowed to fill it with your property you are bringing?

I've also heard that you have to have the A/C gas removed only for them to charge you to replace it when it arrives the other end?

We weren't allowed to put anything in the car except the usual (jack, breakdown kit). The AC gas was fine - no need to drain and replace on arrival.

Really glad we brought our car with as trying to buy a second hand car as our second car is driving me nuts. So many on the market but really expensive and very high mileage.....

Edited by SaffanZimbo

• 3 weeks later...
Seriously tho. I've read a lot about people buying second hand cars but has anyone gone for car finance and how have they found it?

if you need to get finance then get a bank loan. Finance on cars are at exorbitant interest rates, generally.

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the info on import cost i am thinking of bringing a Honda crv 0n 85000 miles 2007 plate 85 k miles ,do you think it is practical ,I just fitted the car with a top of the range multi media unit ,and the car is in great condition ,a crv of the same age but basic spec would cost between 10 and 12 k aus ,cheers