189 visa granted today whooooop

jomaniura

thanks @JasonM, did you get yours also? when do you plan to make the move??

Yes got ours today but a bit of a damp squib, a bit like the fireworks you get from your local £ store. Ho hum, I did want to be out as soon as but not sure if it will be going ahead now. Will see how the next week goes. Made up for you and hope you have fun celebrating

Yes got ours today but a bit of a damp squib, a bit like the fireworks you get from your local £ store. Ho hum, I did want to be out as soon as but not sure if it will be going ahead now. Will see how the next week goes. Made up for you and hope you have fun celebrating

oh no @JasonM, whats happened??

Our process has taken 2 years, from the date of the first first call to the agent till grant! Not a pleasant experience eh! I am hoping it will be worth it too! See you on the other side!

When you headed out?

there have been some big fall outs over these two years i can tell ya! we did it all ourselves and cut out the agent..never again ! i hope to go this summer but realistically it may be xmas, we have no jobs etc so partner heading out first so i can still owrk and fund him, then once a job is in place (hopefully) i can go with my son and get him straight into a school, thats the plan anyway..

Uturn,

We have had a our visa nearly two weeks already and can't find the time or energy to fix a flight date!

Also we can't agree on when to go!

I am thinking about all the stuff we have to do before we go ( not to mention being on two courses right now, with assignments to hand in about july) and trying to do with the two little ones, is going to be tough. So I am thinking August at the earliest, but hubby wants to go asap. Also, With no jobs to go to, I am also thinking we should save as much as poss now with two incomes while we still can ( i am only juts off mat leave and only getting my first wage since NOV at the end of March) But the Bloke thinks that we will not save anything by staying any longer.

If we did not have kids, I would be out like a shot, but i feel responsible to be able to cloth and feed them! The job market in perth currently, is a little concering.

Decisions decisions!

I feel the same way, rather stay here a little longer and then save as much as possible. Speaking with the OH last night, we are thinking of booking our flights for Jan of next year. Would be nice to spend one last Christmas in the UK, and then go straight into summer in the New Year. Like you, I also want to save as much between now and then to help see us through until we have jobs. We don't have any family over there, and only a few friends, so having money is essential. The dilemma we are battling with at the moment is whether to sell or rent out the UK property. I like the idea of renting it out and having that investment in the UK, but if we had to sell say a couple of years later I believe there would be all sorts of tax implications and we would loose money. Would also be nice to take the equity now over to Aus. Not sure what we are going to do, I think we need to do more research on the tax implications. There are also so many other things to think of. As an example, our UK pensions. Having worked in the UK for so long, we dont want to loose our UK pensions, so need to investigate how we keep that going. Then there's what to sell and what to transport over there; I need to investigate the rules on that too.

I was thinking of buying this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/living-working-australia-David-Hampshire-ebook/dp/B00A2QTVEI/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1426241900&sr=1-1&keywords=living+and+working+in+australia

A few people have said to me that it will tell me everything I need to know about what needs to be done before leaving to settling in Aus. I think I'll buy it and perhaps start a thread on this forum sharing what I have learned. Maybe it will be of some use to others.

Our deadline is 30th dec. But I want to arrive in the cooler weather.( i was aiming before OCT at the latest, giving us a month or so, before it really heats up) I can't imagine going from 0 degrees to plus 30 and trying to sort out all the stuff when you land ( maybe without kids a different story, but mine are little)

Our deadline is 30th dec. But I want to arrive in the cooler weather.( i was aiming before OCT at the latest, giving us a month or so, before it really heats up) I can't imagine going from 0 degrees to plus 30 and trying to sort out all the stuff when you land ( maybe without kids a different story, but mine are little)

How old are your kids? We have 2.5 year and 7 week old.

I feel the same way, rather stay here a little longer and then save as much as possible. Speaking with the OH last night, we are thinking of booking our flights for Jan of next year. Would be nice to spend one last Christmas in the UK, and then go straight into summer in the New Year. Like you, I also want to save as much between now and then to help see us through until we have jobs. We don't have any family over there, and only a few friends, so having money is essential. The dilemma we are battling with at the moment is whether to sell or rent out the UK property. I like the idea of renting it out and having that investment in the UK, but if we had to sell say a couple of years later I believe there would be all sorts of tax implications and we would loose money. Would also be nice to take the equity now over to Aus. Not sure what we are going to do, I think we need to do more research on the tax implications. There are also so many other things to think of. As an example, our UK pensions. Having worked in the UK for so long, we dont want to loose our UK pensions, so need to investigate how we keep that going. Then there's what to sell and what to transport over there; I need to investigate the rules on that too.

I was thinking of buying this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/living-working-australia-David-Hampshire-ebook/dp/B00A2QTVEI/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1426241900&sr=1-1&keywords=living+and+working+in+australia

A few people have said to me that it will tell me everything I need to know about what needs to be done before leaving to settling in Aus. I think I'll buy it and perhaps start a thread on this forum sharing what I have learned. Maybe it will be of some use to others.

yes i am in the same situ, but my house has been on the market for 8 years now and not a dickie bird, i have rented it out before and omg what a bad move that was! lets just say i had to gut the whole house (and its a big house) a firend may rent if from me but only to cover the mtgage payments so i will lose out every mth, but better to have that than have to spend thousands on it again ... i didnt know anythng re tax inplications if you make a sale? i thought ur equity was ur equity to put straight down on another house on oz?? if you get stung for tax on this then its better to sell now and take the equity with you?? hmmm i will have to look into this, ill post any findings.. re the little ones my son has just turned 8 and ideally wanted to start him in his new school (wherever that may be) mid term oz time .. didnt want him to be the ''new boy'' as well as start a new year! so was hopeing we could go int he summer hols...but all depends on finding work...no job no move basically otherwise the move with rent living expenses etc would just eat into our savings..arghhhh could really do with someone to direct here!! but back to basics i suppose...job is the key :) then everything should fall into place around that :) good luck everyone...lets face it..at least we will have the sun on our faces and be skint rather than wet miserable weather and skint hahahah

Think we are taking the plunge and going with no jobs. From what I have read on here, it seems pretty tough to get a job until you are in the country.

Financial concern of course. I also really don't want to arrive in the aussie summer and have loads to do, I want it to start heating up once I am settled. Also just a read a fact stating they are not keen to take folk on during dec-feb. So the earlier we get there the better i guess. Thinking end August at the mo.