Employer arrogance or do people just not read?

JasonM

This response made me chuckle but in a worrying way, i have sent my CV and cover letter off over the weekend and clearly in the letter i speak of getting my licences as soon as i am in OZ ( cant apply for these until i am in the country, so i am fully aware that i need them and i am dealing with it).

However this is the joyful email i get back, also if it was impossible to get these what would be the point in having air conditioning and refrigeration on the skills list. So i am putting this one down to arrogance and couldn't be arsed. however i was impressed that i got a response at all so now i am going back onto the side of cant read.

Thank you for your interest in becoming part of our team. Unfortunately, having done your training in the UK you will not be licenced to work in Western Australia.

Doesn't surprise me at all.....makes you want to reply with 'as per my cover letter' doesn't it. I am sure most don't read the cover letters as I had similar replies where they've asked me something I had put in my letter. Part of my opener was that I was arriving on 21st October, I bet you can guess what question I was asked......

Yeah i can imagine, well i stupidly told the wife who is already very fragile over the whole thing and she has now gone into a panic thinking i wont get a job, maybe i should just leave it until i arrive. Was just trying to arrange an interview or 2 for when we arrived.

This response made me chuckle but in a worrying way, i have sent my CV and cover letter off over the weekend and clearly in the letter i speak of getting my licences as soon as i am in OZ ( cant apply for these until i am in the country, so i am fully aware that i need them and i am dealing with it).

However this is the joyful email i get back, also if it was impossible to get these what would be the point in having air conditioning and refrigeration on the skills list. So i am putting this one down to arrogance and couldn't be arsed. however i was impressed that i got a response at all so now i am going back onto the side of cant read.

Thank you for your interest in becoming part of our team. Unfortunately, having done your training in the UK you will not be licenced to work in Western Australia.

I'm reading it that that can't consider you for a position until you have your licence and that they can't consider your application.

But then again i haven't shown my CV or cover letter, i am actually applying for management positions which does make it even funnier as you don't have to have any licences. I have been running my own company which has won various industry awards for contractor of the year and also a highly qualified OH&S practitioner as well as implementing and maintaining ISO9001, 14001 and 18001. so i will go back to cant read :)

Yeah i can imagine, well i stupidly told the wife who is already very fragile over the whole thing and she has now gone into a panic thinking i wont get a job, maybe i should just leave it until i arrive. Was just trying to arrange an interview or 2 for when we arrived.

I applied for loads before I arrived and got hardly any replies. It wasn't until about the week before I was due out that anyone showed any interest, same with my husband too and we both then got quite a few interviews. He had a job within two days of him arriving. And me withing three weeks.

good luck with it all :)