Here goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chopchop

Well im sort of bricking it a bit now tbh!!!! The time is coming.... not long till I to get on that tin can for 20 odd hours one way! Working my hardest to get over for end of may to get straight onto the migrant gap training course that I need to complete.

The job that I have been on for 2 years came to a close 2 weeks ago and I have been non stop sorting things out since then. With the Visa sat in my email account, we are very eager to get over! We were hoping for the house to sell to free up our money to make it alot more enjoyable and less stressful when we land. This has not happened so have unfortunately have had to resort to renting it back out. We have rented it out in the past however things went bad with tenants. This time we have put as many measures in place as possible to minimise any financial risk and running it as a business.

Tenants move in Tuesday, back to mum and dads to live in the lounge!! Living the dream.... happy days!!! We bought a wooden crate online from kitepackaging to ship my tools over and a few memories, bit and bobs etc. Im going to send it via pallet 2 ship. Has anybody on the site used them?

My missis and the little one will follow over in a few months time, that's going to be hardest bit for sure, Facetime is going to get a hammering! I have a few acquaintances in Perth but nobody to really ask to stay with, so im hiring a car and buying a tent after a night in a hotel! Do the course for 2 weeks and set up the essentials! Then its find employment and and a rental! I really wish we had a wad of cash that allowed us to all come together and make it not so much of a panic but hey you cant have everything!

Im not so worried about the whole 'getting a job' as I sort of know what it is like.. We found that you have to be patient and use your initiative. You have to go out and get it, I used to drive round the new housing estaes in north perth just stopping and asking the tradies if they knew of any work, register in person with all the agencies, phone companies, network with people and all of a sudden we found offers of employment coming from everywhere! you have to put some real effort into getting offers of work but once you find a job and take it you will hear back months later from companies that you sent out your CV to! Everything is slower over in OZ than the UK!

Have any other members on here done what im planning on doing, ie landing and then staying in a tent??!! We were in Australia back in 2011 for 17 months, stayed in Perth for 3 months in a camper van and both held full time jobs whilst living out of a toyota townace. My daughter was actually made in Quinns Rocks! lol!

My missis landed a job in an estate agents, I used to laugh every morning at 6am as she stood outside the camper van door on the grass pulling up her tights, brushing her hair and trying to make herself look like she had not just slept in the back of a van for the last 8 hours!

I just cannot wait to have it all again.... sun, healthier living, james squire ale and our own pool!!! Missed it since we landed back in Manchester April 2013! haha

Sorry if the above has bored you, but im sat on my sofa chilling with a beer and no one to talk to as the missus is in work!

Edited by ali

This has made me giggle and question why we are not thinking of doing something like that!

Brilliant stories of living out of van, Great stuff. you cheered me up. xx Sometimes seems as if everyone on here has bags of cash to arrive with or rels to stay with to take some of the burden financially.

We are desperately saving, but not getting anywhere, as life goes on here.. as do costs and outgoings! xx

hey loopylauren, hows it all going with you and your plans? I seem to remember you were in the November lodge gang... I've not been posing for a while, too much on! Believe me this is going to be done on a shoestring! Im sat here trying to save money too, I have my wireless heating thermostat next to me which I keep lowering the temperature on hahah!! When are you hoping to head over? We only have a sofa until Friday, sold it and they pick it up then so making the most of it because i dont know the next time my ass will be sat on one!!

I love this post, me and the other half are in our early 20s don't own our own house, as we rent.

Frantically trying to save as much as we can, but as loopylauren says, sometimes life does get in the way.

we are hoping to be there July/August time and I hope to hear how you get on...

Your not the only one going on a show strong as I can't imagine any of the young ens on this forum have a house to sell.

I suppose when we all get settled and in a decent house it will make you appreciate what it took to get there.

Hope it all goes well, and I wish you and your family all the luck xx

Where will you pitch the tent? Have you looked at this place? http://www.fremantlevillage.com.au

Don't be seduced by the pictures, it's not that nice but on cold nights you might be grateful for more than a thin skin of nylon above your head. You could switch between cabin and tent depending on funds or negotiate a single cabin for a good price. I can't imagine they'll be booked up, it is almost winter after all.

Good luck with the adventure

Well im sort of bricking it a bit now tbh!!!! The time is coming.... not long till I to get on that tin can for 20 odd hours one way! Working my hardest to get over for end of may to get straight onto the migrant gap training course that I need to complete.

The job that I have been on for 2 years came to a close 2 weeks ago and I have been non stop sorting things out since then. With the Visa sat in my email account, we are very eager to get over! We were hoping for the house to sell to free up our money to make it alot more enjoyable and less stressful when we land. This has not happened so have unfortunately have had to resort to renting it back out. We have rented it out in the past however things went bad with tenants. This time we have put as many measures in place as possible to minimise any financial risk and running it as a business.

Tenants move in Tuesday, back to mum and dads to live in the lounge!! Living the dream.... happy days!!! We bought a wooden crate online from kitepackaging to ship my tools over and a few memories, bit and bobs etc. Im going to send it via pallet 2 ship. Has anybody on the site used them?

My missis and the little one will follow over in a few months time, that's going to be hardest bit for sure, Facetime is going to get a hammering! I have a few acquaintances in Perth but nobody to really ask to stay with, so im hiring a car and buying a tent after a night in a hotel! Do the course for 2 weeks and set up the essentials! Then its find employment and and a rental! I really wish we had a wad of cash that allowed us to all come together and make it not so much of a panic but hey you cant have everything!

Im not so worried about the whole 'getting a job' as I sort of know what it is like.. We found that you have to be patient and use your initiative. You have to go out and get it, I used to drive round the new housing estaes in north perth just stopping and asking the tradies if they knew of any work, register in person with all the agencies, phone companies, network with people and all of a sudden we found offers of employment coming from everywhere! you have to put some real effort into getting offers of work but once you find a job and take it you will hear back months later from companies that you sent out your CV to! Everything is slower over in OZ than the UK!

Have any other members on here done what im planning on doing, ie landing and then staying in a tent??!! We were in Australia back in 2011 for 17 months, stayed in Perth for 3 months in a camper van and both held full time jobs whilst living out of a toyota townace. My daughter was actually made in Quinns Rocks! lol!

My missis landed a job in an estate agents, I used to laugh every morning at 6am as she stood outside the camper van door on the grass pulling up her tights, brushing her hair and trying to make herself look like she had not just slept in the back of a van for the last 8 hours!

I just cannot wait to have it all again.... sun, healthier living, james squire ale and our own pool!!! Missed it since we landed back in Manchester April 2013! haha

Sorry if the above has bored you, but im sat on my sofa chilling with a beer and no one to talk to as the missus is in work!

Sounds ideal living out of the van, not sure I would want to do that with three children now though!

Chopchop Where are you heading to? SOR or NOR.

Hi aannjean!

Eventually we are hoping to settle north of the river, probably Mindaire area, the course that I have to complete is not far from the cbd so im looking at the sites closest to there but there isn't many to choose from! we stayed in the big4 site in Munster and the caravan park in Quins Rocks so maybe one of them again!

Ha ha love this! We've just started the process and although we should be able to save a decent amount, it seems like even that is not enough. So much negativity on this site...I'm surprised anyone migrates! Your story is brilliant, best of luck!

Cheers! And you!

Where will you pitch the tent? Have you looked at this place? http://www.fremantlevillage.com.au

Don't be seduced by the pictures, it's not that nice but on cold nights you might be grateful for more than a thin skin of nylon above your head. You could switch between cabin and tent depending on funds or negotiate a single cabin for a good price. I can't imagine they'll be booked up, it is almost winter after all.

Good luck with the adventure

hey portlaunay,

Thanks for the kind info! looks good and possibly an option! you've been a great help

craig