Researcher

Beautiful Perth

Just returned from a visit to the beautiful city for the first time in two years. Lots of work going on down in the Barrack Street area and looking forward on our next visit in February 2016 to see that finished. Managed to catch up with some amazing people both old and new friends, one of which I met through this forum, which brought an added richness and meaning to the visit. Spent some time at the UWA and Fraser's restaurant up in King's Park did not disappoint - fantastic meal. Back in cooler Blighty now but we are slowly warming up - a staggering 25 deg C yesterday!!! My family in Perth tell me it is cooling down there so maybe the right time to come back!

My daughter attends UWA and I love the grounds there. I'm excited to see the finished Elizabeth Quay project too. Good to hear you enjoyed your visit again. My in-laws were back here Jan/Feb after 5 years and still loved the place.

The UWA is certainly in a superb setting, far better than my 'shoe horned in' university in Cambridge. A super choice for your daughter and hope all goes well for her. The staff there are also amazingly supportive - certainly in the Anthropology and Sociology Faculty where I was invited as a visiting student to take part in some seminars. I will certainly be back! Our nephew is getting married at Nedlands Yacht club in February - again a beautiful setting I have heard. Not sure about the heat though for us pansy Poms!!!

What a beautiful setting - you'll have to buy a parasol for the event. My daughter did an anthropology unit last year and really enjoyed it (she's doing a double major in English and Cultural Studies and Gender Studies), she's hoping to do her Masters in Education after that. She's loved her time there and due to links the uni has got a placement at Shenton College this semester.

A Masters in education sounds great! So does that mean a teaching career ahead? I am a retired teacher of 35 years in the UK, the whole system certainly needs some input of fresh new blood. Did your daughter come across Prof.Loretta Baldassar? Fantastic lady and so helpful. 18 deg here today!! I can almost manage without bed socks!! Have a good day.