How do you cope with the constant obsession with moving to Oz?

rpakey

I am finding that the desire to move to Oz almost greater than anything else in life!

Which is fine, apart from I have a great job and family being neglected

What are you doing to cope with the day to day realities?

(still working on our independent visa route which is OK but slow)

We actually didn't talk about it outside the family - my daughter had started high school in the UK and the teacher asked me did she know she was moving because she never mentioned it. Hubby and I didn't talk about it at work either.

We did have a holiday whilst waiting for the visa and declared it an Australia free zone for 2 weeks lol

Weve been toying with the idea of emigrating to WA since we stayed with our pals in Bunbury........ in that time we changed our minds so many times , advised on wrong visa's , did the wrong ilets etc etc !!!

But now we are so determined on the move , and yes its driving us mad !

we keep talking to our pals over there and they talk about places they go to .... where we visited ie margaret river , cetain beaches ......feel so jealous ;o)

I just hope we havent left it to late - i pray i will get a job - and all will be ok .

But yep @rpakey we know how you feel :o)

• 4 weeks later...

I feel the same! We have jsut submitted out EOI and were out on holiday to Perth in November and right now i feel like our lives are on hold - we talk about it all the time and our kids talk about it - our family talk about it everyone keeps asking me questions about it and i want to scream!!! lol!! once we have our visas we will be over the moon! x

I am finding that the desire to move to Oz almost greater than anything else in life!

Which is fine, apart from I have a great job and family being neglected

What are you doing to cope with the day to day realities?

(still working on our independent visa route which is OK but slow)

It is rather obsessive! Most days we talk about it, what we need to do next while we are waiting for the golden ticket.

I check emails and forums most days too - i try not to talk about it but am never able to stop chatting about it!

We have a monthly things to do list which helps to keep my mind foccused otherwise it can become quite overwhelming.

Think until we have the visa and have moved and settled with jobs, home and education for the kids we can re-focus on exploring!

Yep, it completely took over our lives. Which makes me worry about the come down when we get there. Kinda feel we've been in limbo since we made the decision to go for it.

I was just talking about this very phenomenon this morning with a friend who's also been here a few months. All that (massive!) effort and focus on one thing disappears once you are here and have arranged your life to the point where you can get into a routine and get on with normal things again. We're not a bit disappointed with life here - so it's not a 'come down' as such, but reaching the end of that 'to do' list can result in you feeling a little bereft. Speaking for myself and my OH, we suddenly feel very tired. All the adrenaline is gone and now we need a bit of a rest. But we'll soon recharge and be able to take full advantage of everything Perth and WA has to offer. The limbo part is difficult, but hang in there!