Teachers!-TRBWA

Hi guys I have an enquiry based on Crimtrac. I am still in the UK currently but would like to get my registration sorted before our move. Do I literally just fill in what I can on the Crimtrac form as some things are purely Oz details. All the documents have to be certified, is it just a solicitor that can sign it? Finally are there any other pitfalls to avoid?!

Your responses are appreciated!

Think I just put n/a on some things that I couldn't fill in. I had a solicitor certify my docs but luckily she was a friend so didn't have to pay. Think there are others that can sign them but from what i can remember the list didn't have many ppl on that a lot would know! Judge etc. The only thing I found was I wasn't really clear on what documents they needed so basically just sent everything I had! Cost about 10 quid to post but did recorded delivery or something similar. Make sure you apply for non-practising:intending to teach. Once you have done 100 days in school you are eligible for full rego and your school will sign you off.

Good luck with it all.

I just receive an email back from TRBWA, the person needs to be registered/licensed in Oz?!

Please refer the following

There are a number of people who are able to certify your documents. For all applicants, documents must be certified by an “authorised witness” who is a person that:

• appears on the list of people who can certify documents (below) and

• is currently employed as, registered and/or licensed to practise in Australia.

For example, a doctor who is registered to practise medicine in Australia can certify your documentation, but a doctor who is not registered in Australia cannot. If you are currently outside of Australia, you may be able to find an authorised witness at your nearest Australian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate. Contact details are available on the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website http://dfat.gov.au. Please note that engaging an authorised witness overseas may attract a fee under the Consular Fees Act 1955.

I just receive an email back from TRBWA, the person needs to be registered/licensed in Oz?!

Please refer the following

There are a number of people who are able to certify your documents. For all applicants, documents must be certified by an “authorised witness” who is a person that:

• appears on the list of people who can certify documents (below) and

• is currently employed as, registered and/or licensed to practise in Australia.

For example, a doctor who is registered to practise medicine in Australia can certify your documentation, but a doctor who is not registered in Australia cannot. If you are currently outside of Australia, you may be able to find an authorised witness at your nearest Australian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate. Contact details are available on the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website http://dfat.gov.au. Please note that engaging an authorised witness overseas may attract a fee under the Consular Fees Act 1955.

Hi @benj1980. I had a similar issue last year. I've dug up one of my old posts from last September

So I called the TRBWA on Monday morning to get a definitive answer on who can certify my documents in the UK. They said there have been some very recent changes on this. I asked if a Deputy Head teacher or Justice of the Peace can do this and they said no. They sent me the following in an email.

Please note that the ONLY persons authorized to certify your documents, whilst you are overseas, are as follows:

Australian Consular Officer or Australian Diplomatic Officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955)

Employee of the Australian Trade Commission who is:

(a) in a country or place outside Australia; and

(b) authorised under paragraph 3 (d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955; and

© exercising his or her function in that place

Employee of the Commonwealth who is:

(a) in a country or place outside Australia; and

(b) authorised under paragraph 3 © of the Consular Fees Act 1955; and

© exercising his or her function in that place

I didn't really understand who these people were apart from the Consular Officer. Anyway I have used a Consular Officer at the Australian Embassy in London. I sent my docs special delivery on Monday and received my originals and certified docs back on Wednesday. It was a really efficient service. I’ve sent my application to the TRBWA now so fingers crossed all will be ok.

My advice to any teachers reading this who want to get registered is to call the TRBWA to get the very latest on who can certify documents from overseas as their website isn’t very clear. If you are already in Australia the list on the website should be fine.

this is the link to the notarial section of embassy website

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/cons111.html

cheers

Edited by DangerousDave