Advice for transfer time in Dubai 00.25 arrival 02.55 depart with 5 year old

kirstywales

Ok, so what is there at Dubai airport to help manage a 5 year old who's just been woken up off a flight from the uk bundled off a plane and then told to wait 2 and a half hours until they can get back on a plane to sleep?

whats there? Open?

what do you do with your kid?

im starting to think I need a tablet or iPad or something at the ready (colouring and drawing only lasts so long and not attractive)

......any advice...?

cheers

If you only have 2 1/2 hours you wont need much to do. By the time you get off the plane, into the terminal, find where your going, go back through security, go get a drink and a wee wee it will be time for boarding again. The terminal is massive, it could take you 15 minutes to walk to your next departure gate.

There are some quite nice children's play areas - one just behind Boots the Chemist. I'd wake them up fully, let them run ragged so they sleep again for the next part. There are games on the ICE system but probably not great for a 5 year old as the controller even confuses some adults, lots of suitable movies but Ipad might be a good idea. I wrapped up lots of new, little toys and brought them out through the journey - mini tubs of playdoh, jigsaw pieces, new story book, lego figures, sticker book - it was like a scene from play school!

• 2 weeks later...

fab stuff people, im hoping the connection gulps up the time weedolly but that play area is fab news as that's exactly what we needed last time! ( I too am a playschool style flyer scott -its the physical stuff we wanna burn off when free of the cabin!!)

thanks guys

much appreciated

• 3 months later...
Ok, so what is there at Dubai airport to help manage a 5 year old who's just been woken up off a flight from the uk bundled off a plane and then told to wait 2 and a half hours until they can get back on a plane to sleep?

whats there? Open?

what do you do with your kid?

im starting to think I need a tablet or iPad or something at the ready (colouring and drawing only lasts so long and not attractive)

......any advice...?

cheers

Above, but also, if you are delayed slightly which usually happens, even losing half an hour and you won't have time to scratch. You can always lie down on the deck chairs and pretend they're not yours.