Nice suburbs within easy commute to fiona Stanley Hospital.

Hi, I will be relocating to Perth at the end of September and are looking for a rental which is not too far from Fiona Stanley. I would like somewhere preferably within a 30min drive, coastal and good schools, my son is 16 and daughter 12.

Thank you in advance.

Sarah.

Hi Sarah

If you want coastal within 30 mins drive of Fiona Stanley then you can only really look at Freo and surrounding suburbs, Coogee or further south, Rockingham, Secret Harbour, Singleton although the later 2 could be 35/40mins during peak rush hour.

There are loads of developments going in along the freeway south of Fiona Stanley which would be a shorter commute but they're not coastal.

You could look at Baldivis which is 10 mins from Safety Bay and easier access onto the Kwinana. It would be 20/30 mins depending on where in Baldivis you were located...the suburb has grown massively and it could take you 10 mins to navigate out of the estate.

Do you have any other criteria you want to fill like good schools, close to shops, sports facilities or other amenities?

Lou

Edited by Lou8670

I'd let high schools be your guide. Willeton and Rossmoyne are the best govt schools in the south, if budget high try for the western suburbs and get the kids into Shenton College, another top govt high school and an easy commute against traffic to work. Leeming and Melville also worth considering.

We live in Leeming - parts of which are within walking distance of Fiona Stanley. My son is in year 10 at Leeming Senior High and my daughter (now at Uni) also went there. It has a good community feel. It's 15 min drive to the beach, close to the city with good transport.

I work at Fiona Stanley and live in Fremantle. It only takes me 15-20 minutes to get to work and I can walk to the beach from my house. Very happy with both junior and senior schools my children go to and we all love being in Freo. Always something to do on our doorstep but easy to get out of town as the freeway is only 10 mins away. We've been looking at houses recently and all the suburbs along the Canning Highway from Freo are nice. Bicton, Palmyra, Alfred Cove, Applecross border the river which is lovely. Booragoon is worth a look too, as there's a nice shopping centre with a cinema. Good luck with the move

• 2 months later...
Thanks everyone for all your replies, I have arranged a holiday rental in Rockingham for 3wks when we initially arrive. We have a budget of around $600 pw, it looks like I have I have plenty of areas to research now. :laugh:

We are currently looking about and I think you will get an amazing property for 600 dollars. We are finding some great ones for $350!

Where are you looking Lauren? This is FANTASTIC to hear.

Hiya,

not forgotten about replying to you!

Just been busy and was waiting till I get a decent enough gap to write in full.

But yes, We are not too fussy i might add.

We are finding plenty of X4 beds X2 baths X2 parking spaces for £350-£450.

I am deciding tonight and going to take the plunge and say yes to a house we have been offered tommorrow I think! Scary stuff.

I will write in full re my thought on suburbs soon, now going to watch a bit TV before bed, been on the net for ages!

L xx