Heading over this August. Would love to meet some new friends!

Hi to everyone/anyone who reads this! Even if I get just one reply it will make me feel less nervous/apprehensive as I currently feel!

Well..I'm Laura, 28 and I'm heading over to Perth this August with my boyfriend on a Working Visa! Very excited. Hoping to make this a more permanent situation eventually with me being a teacher but for now we are just happy to make the break and visit and enjoy such a beautiful place!

bags sorted, passports ready, but missing one thing...friendly faces? Would be lovely to meet new people for a coffee or even just a chat over facebook? I'm the easy going, friendly, chatty sort. Would love to meet some friends!

Many thanks :)

Laura

Hi Laura I bet your so excited.. Not long to go now at all.. Myself & hubby moved here last April with our 2 boys 8 & 3.. We live in Southern River so if you fancy a catch up once your settled pm me! Also if you want to add me on Facebook for a chat... Good luck xx

Hi Jason. Thanks for the response! On arrival we shall be getting a hostel on the outskirts of Perth but no fixed place as of yet which for someone who is usually as organised as organised can be feels very carefree and exciting! Just can't wait to get over now...

Hi Jo, thanks for your lovely warm message...very excited! I've always been so very sensible, and organised, feels good to go and take a chance! Hope you've settled well..do you miss your old home? Once over I may well take you up on that offer for a chat with a friendly face! Thanks ever so much :)

Hi Jason. Thanks for the response! On arrival we shall be getting a hostel on the outskirts of Perth but no fixed place as of yet which for someone who is usually as organised as organised can be feels very carefree and exciting! Just can't wait to get over now...

A hostel is a great place to stay on arrival in a new country. It's cheap and full of people in the same position as you. You'll met loads of people. I stayed at Billabong hostel when I was in Perth on holiday back in 2007.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for the advice! Well we're heading over on 20th and are staying with a couple in City Beach for the first month. Looked into hostels and then found a site that advertised rooms to rent, thought this might be abit more comfortable! Don't know much about this suburb but hopefully all will be ok. Less than two weeks to go now!

Hi Laura, you must be excited for moving over to this beautiful country. I'm also

looking to meet new friends. I've been in Oz for nearly 2 years on a working holiday visa, hoping to get sponsorship with my work. Over the last few years I've came and gone from perth.. I love it. Wait until you see the beaches there gorgeous. Would be great to meet up with you once your over here. Add me on Facebook if you like (Sarah Bridges)

Thanks

Sarah

Hi Laura, I was in the same situation as you are right now. Quit my job and came here with my boyfriend on 21st August last year on a working holiday visa. It was daunting, but it was brilliant. I am now sponsored and staying in Perth a while. Where are you both coming from? Perth is beautiful (ive only seen it in winter too), excited for summer to come now. If you have any questions feel free to ask! Faye

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Faye, we are here and loving it! Would love to get sponsorship but with Primary teaching apparently that doesn't happen so much now as teacher's are in great supply here! Trying to get work but hard when you've had no Australian teaching experience! Hopefully can get some supply and then get something a bit more regular! We are both from Northampton.Wow so you are here a year on? Would love to know how you're finding it all? Feel free to add me on facebook Laura Buckley. And thanks for the message x

Hi Laura, you must be excited for moving over to this beautiful country. I'm also

looking to meet new friends. I've been in Oz for nearly 2 years on a working holiday visa, hoping to get sponsorship with my work. Over the last few years I've came and gone from perth.. I love it. Wait until you see the beaches there gorgeous. Would be great to meet up with you once your over here. Add me on Facebook if you like (Sarah Bridges)

Thanks

Sarah

There's a lot of Sarah Bridges on Facebook!!! what does your profile picture look like? There's one of a cat? a tortoise? a couple? haha no idea!