Seems to be taking an age (sponsored 457 issues)

Bilbo

I have applied for a sponsored 457 Visa which all seems to be going OK. but just taking what seems a long time.

The application was lodged as soon as the Job nomination came through on the 1st May and we have heard nothing since. the case officer has all the details and when contacted just said that it was being possessed.

Is this normal? i have read alot of people get theirs through with in a few weeks especially with a sponsored visa.

Now heading into month 4 and still don't seem to be any closer.

Many Thanks

Thanks for the reply, i thought it would be fairly quick as i have a job to go to etc and have to hope and pray that they don't pull the plug on the position because its taking to long.

Is there a certain processing day or time for this type of visa or will it be an email any day between 1am and 10 am UK time.

Not getting much sleep for the waiting up .

Many Thanks

Is it worth contacting immigration with a little chase up or will that just push me to the bottom of the pile ?

I cant seem to add the application to my immi account Error of you are not authorised to view this, is this because im using an agent ?

Also as soon as the visa is granted can i get on the next flight or do i have to wait a certain period of time?

Sorry for all the questions just getting a bit down with all the waiting.

Thanks

Got my Visa granted this morning after 5 months , yippee !!

Cant wait to start my new life, job etc. My employer wants me to start asap but i don't have a TFN Number yet and i have just tried to apply but as i am not in the country they will not allocate it.

As i have got a Sponsored 457 Visa do i already have one, will it be in the paperwork somewhere ? If not do they really take 28 days?

Many Thanks

Got my Visa granted this morning after 5 months , yippee !!

Cant wait to start my new life, job etc. My employer wants me to start asap but i don't have a TFN Number yet and i have just tried to apply but as i am not in the country they will not allocate it.

As i have got a Sponsored 457 Visa do i already have one, will it be in the paperwork somewhere ? If not do they really take 28 days?

Many Thanks

I believe the average processing time is 10 business days. You can start work without it though as VS stated.