Word of warning re money transfers

LoopyLauren

Hi All PP'ers,

Well, we cocked up on the whole money transfer thing. So learn from our mistakes.

We have just moved in with friend for a few weeks, pre going up to stay with family for the last week or two before we fly.

We have already changed our bank account addresses etc to my folks in Manchester, as a permanent forwards address for the UK.

All our current ID documents, bank statements, etc are in the old address.

We were honest on Money corp and put in my folks new address, as we are in limbo. The next phase is to up load ID, which we can't do as everything is in the old address.

So screwed. Luckily we registered with another company ages ago and we can still use that way to move money about.

So bottom line, either move your money well in advance, not always practical or possible, or even sensible, but make sure you do it with the address that you can up load ID with.

Money corp were friendly, but stated it was a flat out no.

I don't think our situation is abnormal in these circumstances, but honesty gets you no where sometimes.

Ok, hope that helps someone help out. i am still on hold, this time to the tax office.........

I feel like my life has been on whole for 2.5 years since this visa process began. WILLITEVEREND

Lauren:arghh:

We've just been caught out with addresses not matching between bank account (updated) and moneycorp (didn't even consider updating). Tried to transfer money for Ellen to buy a car and have had an email from them. Have replied with what I think they need, just waiting for an email back now.

top tip, make sure all your addresses match or you could be hit with delays.

You don't need to move your money early, just set the account up in advance. Hope you got a decent rate still

Sorry to hear about your issues above.

I always recommend registering for a Moneycorp account up to 6 months ahead of moving - a currency account is similar to a bank account in that anyone moving overseas will need one.

Plus as the post above says, you can register with us for free then transfer money as/when you are ready.

Thanks

John

Edited by John From Moneycorp