UK bank account

AliB

Hi. Just trying to plan for our move to Perth. My current issue is what can I do with current bank accounts. I would like to keep it open to allow our regular phone contract charges to continue to be paid until contract ends. So is it possible to have an open UK bank account even though living in Australia? Thanks for any advice

Guest Guest6235

Still got our life assurance coming out of joint Santander account to Aviva and my own personal account for when / if we return, we just let them know our oz address.

The life assurance we have covers us for living abroad, it's one out F.A sorted for us as it covered Australia.

Edited by Guest6235

We still have ours, also with the address updated to our Aussie address. Apparently by having at least one account open in the UK, you maintain y R credit rating as well.

Having a bank account open doesn't maintain your credit rating - the use of and payment of credit (like a UK credit card) maintains your credit rating. This shows a history and ability of debt repayment - you don't get this by keeping a bank account open (so I'm told)

Having a bank account open doesn't maintain your credit rating - the use of and payment of credit (like a UK credit card) maintains your credit rating. This shows a history and ability of debt payment - you don't get this by keeping a bank account open (so I'm told)

That's my understanding too.

I still have my Barclays account with my NIC's going out every month and I use it to pay my Barclaycard, which has a life insurance policy payment going out every month, then I have Santander with my mortgage and mortgage payment going out every month, I also use that to top up my Barclays every three months or so, with life insurance by the way, make sure you are covered for living in another country a couple of my policies would only cover me for 3 months or so while living abroad, the one going out of Barclays is finen