Willetton

Laz

Hello Laz , we live few mins from Willetton , its nice , established and great central location for just about everything .....not sure what is going on with the pub , looks like they are putting another Coles where the pub was .....will check that out this week .....as above said a very good secondary school too and a pretty decent golf course ...........First Choice bottle shop is one of the cheapest , good leisure centre , library , lots of take aways and shops ect ....High Street is full of outlets , Bunnings (b&q) lots more .....the later places are more into Riverton but right next to Willetton .............

Hello Laz , we live few mins from Willetton , its nice , established and great central location for just about everything .....not sure what is going on with the pub , looks like they are putting another Coles where the pub was .....will check that out this week .....as above said a very good secondary school too and a pretty decent golf course ...........First Choice bottle shop is one of the cheapest , good leisure centre , library , lots of take aways and shops ect ....High Street is full of outlets , Bunnings (b&q) lots more .....the later places are more into Riverton but right next to Willetton .............

thanks, great info! and I just saw the other post you bumped up so I can see Willetton is popular with young families. Thanks for that... Actually, I'm researching as we might look at a business in Willetton so it's interesting to find out another Coles might be opening.

Willetton is a large suburb that was developed in various stages, so some parts are newer than others. Block sizes are roughly 700-800 SQM so quite generous. Good schools, especially the Senior High School.

Southlands Shopping Centre has a good range of shops that include both Coles and Woolworths, and a cinema complex. The northern boundary of Willetton along High Road has banks, furniture shops, supermarket, carpet shops, lighting shops, charity shops etc. Behind this row of shops is an industrial area with a lot of small units for local businesses such as mechanics, paint suppliers, kitchen manufacturers, florist, pool shops, pump manufacturers etc....

The hotel that has just been demolished for yet another unwanted Coles supermarket is in Riverton (next suburb), not Willetton. There is a library in Willetton and a large Leisure Centre and larger library in Riverton.

There is a bus route that runs through the suburb that connects to both Cannington station on the Armadale line, and Bull Creek Station on the Mandurah line.

Willetton is a popular suburb because of the Senior High School, and property prices reflect that. Nice suburb though.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have any insight on what the suburb of Willetton is like? okay area, or not so good?

Hi, I've been renting in Willetton now since January after moving here last September. It is what I would call a well established, nice suburb. My 12 year old goes to the High School which is a very high achieving school and although he struggled at first he seems to be settling in. A lot of the houses are older and the local community is predominantly Asian.

Im a social worker and work further south of the river in Rockingham/Kwinana and although the house prices are cheaper and it is closer to the coast you are further from the city. It all depends what you want out of where you live. My 17 year old plays soccer for Canning City and has met some great lads from the area. The area is quiet and there doesn't seem to be any trouble or kids hanging around, etc,. Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask if you need any further info

Debbie

Edited by moss2oz

Does anyone have any insight on what the suburb of Willetton is like? okay area, or not so good?

We rented in Willetton when we first arrived in Perth almost two years ago. We think it is a great suburb. Excellent transport links to virtually anywhere, 20 mins to Freo, 20 mins drive to City (10 mins on train), 10 mins to nearest beach on the river at Attadale, Shopping at Garden City, Southlands and Carousel. As has been said, the suburb is expensive due to the school and the blocks being bigger. There are some "scruffy" roads, but overall people look after their properties and there are also people re-developing their blocks. We have moved to the suburb next door as we don't have kids and felt we were paying a premium for something we were not using. We still shop in Willetton as we like the shops.

Hi, I've been renting in Willetton now since January after moving here last September. It is what I would call a well established, nice suburb. My 12 year old goes to the High School which is a very high achieving school and although he struggled at first he seems to be settling in. A lot of the houses are older and the local community is predominantly Asian.

Im a social worker and work further south of the river in Rockingham/Kwinana and although the house prices are cheaper and it is closer to the coast you are further from the city. It all depends what you want out of where you live. My 17 year old plays soccer for Canning City and has met some great lads from the area. The area is quiet and there doesn't seem to be any trouble or kids hanging around, etc,. Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask if you need any further info

Debbie

My boy plays for Canning City U16's

To the OP, Willetton is a good area and to be honest all the surrounding suburbs are pretty good too.

• 9 months later...
My boy plays for Canning City U16's

To the OP, Willetton is a good area and to be honest all the surrounding suburbs are pretty good too.

Hey, just logged back in after a very long time and saw this from last year. Sorry for the late response.lol

does he still play for Cannng City? My 18 year old has to play with the big boys now

Hey, just logged back in after a very long time and saw this from last year. Sorry for the late response.lol

does he still play for Cannng City? My 18 year old has to play with the big boys now

Yes, he's playing for the U18's and has helped out the reserves. Is your boy playing for the reserves or 1st team?