to send them back to school or not ?

jo and scott

lauren is due to start senior school on the 7th sept, she really doesn't want to go, we are hoping to book flights for the end of sept, but it maybe a bit later. I was ok with keeping them off for 3 weeks maybe 4 but not any more than that.

I don't have a problem sending lucy back to school as shes just going back to the same school, lauren is due to start seniors.

was anyone else in this situation ??

what did you do ?? keep your kids off school for a few weeks or send them in.

lucy will just go back to the same school and is quite excited to be seeing her friends again.

thanks

lauren is due to start senior school on the 7th sept, she really doesn't want to go, we are hoping to book flights for the end of sept, but it maybe a bit later. I was ok with keeping them off for 3 weeks maybe 4 but not any more than that.

I don't have a problem sending lucy back to school as shes just going back to the same school, lauren is due to start seniors.

was anyone else in this situation ??

what did you do ?? keep your kids off school for a few weeks or send them in.

lucy will just go back to the same school and is quite excited to be seeing her friends again.

thanks

I guess it depends how early you can book the flights - We have ours for the end of November so they are both going back to school. Our eldest is starting year 7, so a whole new uniform for the sake of about 10 weeks :-(

Remember if you do keep them off to avoid a fine you will need to get them off roll and tell the LA that you are home educating them - so you are okay with legal rights of young people :-)

Hi. We due to fly out end on October. We have a daughter who is starting sixth form and a boy starting year 4. After speaking to their schools. Our children are going back, as they informed us that you only get 10 days off school before the school, council etc start to send letter and fines may be issued. Altho it does seem pointless

Hi jo and scott.

Our situation was a bit different to yours, as we had sold and moved out of our family home and into a city centre apartment for 3 months. We homeschooled for a while (the catchment school was appalling) but when I took the kids out (then aged 6 & 8) it activated an automatic response from the Local Education Authority. It felt like quite a lot of hassle, because there were two home visits (one for each child) from an education officer. It would depend on your particular LEA's approach to homeschooling, as some are more accommodating and others more hostile. It was the best thing for us in our situation, with younger kids though. Just to warn you, in case you're interested in going that route. It's probably easier to send them back!