:) 4 months into spouse visa application

GooseRenders

Hi Guys!

I'm on PIO but wanted to join here and meet some people heading over or already living in WA.

I'm Danielle, my Fiancée is Benn (you might see him pop up under this account from time to time!) I live in the UK and he is in Bunbury.

We applied for our PMV 300 in June, so we are 4 months into the current waiting time of 10-14 months, though most seem to be going through at the moment at 10 so fingers crossed for an April move!

Just really wanted to say 'Hi', see who's about and if anyone is in a similar situation to us, as I know most couples are lucky enough to actually apply in the same country as each other!

Danielle

Hi Guys!

I'm on PIO but wanted to join here and meet some people heading over or already living in WA.

I'm Danielle, my Fiancée is Benn (you might see him pop up under this account from time to time!) I live in the UK and he is in Bunbury.

We applied for our PMV 300 in June, so we are 4 months into the current waiting time of 10-14 months, though most seem to be going through at the moment at 10 so fingers crossed for an April move!

Just really wanted to say 'Hi', see who's about and if anyone is in a similar situation to us, as I know most couples are lucky enough to actually apply in the same country as each other!

Danielle

hey Danielle.

my hubby is Australian and we are heading back hopefully by February 2017. I'm going to start my visa process in dec. We are both in uk, so slightly different to yourself.

will u move to bunbury once visa through?

Good luck with it all xx

Hi Danielle

we are waiting for my husband's spouses visa to come through. Applied end May when they were saying 6-8 months. Thinking it might be longer now though. We're together at the mo but I'm heading over in November to Mandurah with with the kids so we'll be separated then for as long as it takes. Good luck with your process !

Hi Ladies!

Nice to meet you both.

Emily yes that's the plan for now, although may possibly move to either Dalyellup or Secret Harbour in the near future, it really depends on where Benn's kids will be living as it's important we are close to them. We have been to look around both whilst I was in WA a few weeks ago and I like the look of both so I'm happy with either, or I'm happy to stay in Bunbury. Where are you heading?

Monkey, we applied on June 11th so quite close although different visas. How are you feeling about heading out without your Hubby? Where are you guys moving to?

Hi Ladies!

Nice to meet you both.

Emily yes that's the plan for now, although may possibly move to either Dalyellup or Secret Harbour in the near future, it really depends on where Benn's kids will be living as it's important we are close to them. We have been to look around both whilst I was in WA a few weeks ago and I like the look of both so I'm happy with either, or I'm happy to stay in Bunbury. Where are you heading?

Monkey, we applied on June 11th so quite close although different visas. How are you feeling about heading out without your Hubby? Where are you guys moving to?

sorry just asked u same question on my thread! ignore that as seen your answer here! Doh. Lol

cool. Well I think at end of day depends where we get jobs, to where we end up. I would like to be in mandurah, as I don't want to be too close to city. We lived in Moora for a year back in 2012-2013, but that was too remote! Lol. Giving it a second bash, bit nearer this time! Lol

what do u do for work? X

Going to Mandurah - very much going in blind as grew up east coast but really like the look of it and what we've heard so far.

Not worried about going alone - we live in the UAE and I was alone in uk for 10 months with our son whilst pregnant and selling our house etc so done 50% of it (obviously also being away from other family will make it a bit tougher but I guess I need to find myself a reliable babysitter )

Yeah same here, Perth will be nice to pop into every now and then but I'm defo very much a suburb girl. I love it around Mandurah, although to be honest I'm pretty easy going and as long as I'm with Benn and near some kind of swimming area I don't really mind, haha!

Monkey you'll be fine then hey, it shouldn't be too long and will help having your kids with you. How old are they?

At the moment I work in a care home on Reception but I'm a qualified Post Natal Nurse so once I'm a bit more settled I'm going to look to go back into my field. I just want to make sure that when I get there I get a nice sociable job where I can make a heap of friends, as my profession is quite secluded!

Yeah same here, Perth will be nice to pop into every now and then but I'm defo very much a suburb girl. I love it around Mandurah, although to be honest I'm pretty easy going and as long as I'm with Benn and near some kind of swimming area I don't really mind, haha!

Monkey you'll be fine then hey, it shouldn't be too long and will help having your kids with you. How old are they?

At the moment I work in a care home on Reception but I'm a qualified Post Natal Nurse so once I'm a bit more settled I'm going to look to go back into my field. I just want to make sure that when I get there I get a nice sociable job where I can make a heap of friends, as my profession is quite secluded!

Im with you on that - I love suburbs (can't say it out loud too often cos apparently it's 'weird' lol) and love the quiet life - a BBQ in the garden watching the kids kick a ball around with a cold one and hopefully a few friends to talk rubbish with is pretty much my perfect Saturday. Doubt we'll bother with Perth that much after the first rush to see everything.

Lol it's having the kids with me that might make it hard :wink:they're 4.5 and nearly 2

is post natal nurse like health visitor? That *is*secluded :sad: There's always night classes and sports things too to help get out there. I'm just hoping the Aussies are as friendly as I've heard :cute:. Oh well there's always Netflix and booze to keep me entertained :biggrin:

Aww little ones! Get hunting for a babysitter! :wink:

You pretty much just described my perfect Saturday!

It's more of a home carer for mum and babies when they come out of hospital, a qualification to help give advice and assistance with all kinds of care, sleeping routines, breast and bottle feeding etc. I love it! I've been lucky enough to have made a bunch of friends out of benn's friends already, but it's always nice to have your own, you know?

• 2 months later...

hey Danielle, sorry not been in touch and looking back through older posts I realised I never replied to u! anyway, how's it going? Heard anything about ur visa yet?

I've not started process yet! Xmas got in the way of my plans! Hopefully next 6mths I will have started visa process lol.

Ahh your a nurse, it's funny as I did my adult nurse diploma back in 2005, I qualified but realised after that nursing was not for me. I've done a bit of everything since lol.

I bet ur missing Benn and the children like mad! Not long now though for u, hope to hear from u soon, Em xx

Hi Guys!

Danielle

Hi guys , good luck to you both and get ready to enjoy the sun :o)