Good primary schools south of the river

Watkins Family

Hi,

We are new to the site potentially moving interstate from South Australia to Perth over the summer. We have 2 boys our eldest is due to start in Pre-Primary / Reception in 2016. Work will be located around the O'Conner area not sure yet where we will be renting - could be in an area for school catchment / zone if required.

My question is which primary schools (state) would you recommend and which ones should I avoid? I am considering Kardinya, Rossmoyne, Leeming, Melville and Booragoon and surrounding areas.

Any advice gratefully received as we know nothing about the schools in the area, we are quite nervous as its a difficult enough decision with your eldest any way.

Many thanks in advance

Agree with Rossmoyne .. add those two to your original list - all good choices. I live in Leeming and I know that some of the Primary schools in our area have a catchment area - so if you like one of those in particular, do find out where the boundaries are.

Ali makes a very valid point about catchment areas. Each government school has a set catchment and they are only supposed to enrol students from within that area. Some schools call it "Local Intake Area". http://www.det.wa.edu.au/schoolsonline/home.do have a look at this website for all government schools in WA. Part of the school information should have a map of the actual catchment/intake area.

Thank you so much for the replies. Yes, I am aware of the 'catchment' area for each school. I am hoping to get an idea of good schools then look for rentals within those catchments. All advice gratefully received.

Can only speak for the schools in Leeming and Willetton which all have good reputations. My two went to Leeming Primary School

Were you really Ali? How lovely! I often think of you as I'm wandering round, wondering if you might be nearby! We're so happy here, we love, love, love Leeming! Oldest daughter passed the academic extension programme for LSHS and can't wait to start next year! We're so glad we picked it.

My daughter did the AEP programme and really enjoyed it too. My youngest starts year 11 in Feb - scary stuff lol