Container insurance - should I shop around

family4ready2go

We are arriving in Perth on the 11th of Jan 2015 with our two young boys and still need to book a shipping company. Has anyone used a different insurance company to the shipping companies one? Trying to see if I can cut down on the amount of info needed and the cost. Any suggestions?

Also looking at using Doreen bonner and PSS, any recommendations please just let me know.

We have around half a container. Cheers

We used a company called insureyourmove.com. They were cheaper than the shippers.

We are arriving in Perth on the 11th of Jan 2015 with our two young boys and still need to book a shipping company. Has anyone used a different insurance company to the shipping companies one? Trying to see if I can cut down on the amount of info needed and the cost. Any suggestions?

Also looking at using Doreen bonner and PSS, any recommendations please just let me know.

We have around half a container. Cheers

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for all your replies. I forgot my log in of a while so didn't respond, sorry.

i went with PSS in the end and it was around 2,500 for 575 cubic feet. i did also use insure my move and found them to be very good and would recommend them. We arrived on the 11th of Jan and have bought a car and just need to decide on a school now ready for Monday. we can't believe we live in such a beautiful place.

• 1 month later...

We also used insure your move, chosen as we did not have to itemize "our life" as required by PSS. We did have some damage & pay out was no problem, they did want professional assessment but I forwarded photos and adverts / prices of similar items & this was accepted. Planning to go home shortly & will probably use again (unsure about PSS) as UK side was good but Aussie side not great.

Hi Steve. If you are looking for a competitive overseas removals insurance quotation, have a look at http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk. Whilst we have only recently joined the forum, our business has grown on the back of a number of recommendations across the various expat forums, and I am sure we can offer you something which will be of interest. Cheers. Ian Harrison.

• 2 weeks later...