rpakey

Best Fish & Chips?

Just for you Arwen.....I should start my own thread really.

Start your own kayak thread mate, we're just about to buy a couple, maybe a PP kayaking meetup?

So getting back to the fish and chips... which was the subject of the thread..... No Keefo it is not a "battering" (I saw what you did there.... clever!) at all. We all have different experiences and have different tastes. I was never a lover of fish and chips in England to start with when I lived there for 40 plus years..... but I do love fresh fish and actually find I prefer mine without batter and cooked in many different ways. I was just commenting on my personal experiences, as is everyone else. I have English friends in Carramar who say the chippie at Currumbine is good. I haven't tried that yet, but I gather that you weren't impressed?

Guest Guest6235

No Porty, curry sauce on chips from a chippy was never for me.

Guest Guest6235
nice to see you chose a blue boat mate :)

Hows life in oz treating you?

Ha ha mate, even though it's blue it's surprisingly good. I'll message you about you're question.

Guest Guest6235

Went to 'The great british chippy' in Currambine last Saturday. It looked ok and tasted so so. $36 for two lots of fish n chips and one tub of mushy peas !!!! 5.5/10

We very rarely had fish and chips in the UK and don't have them often here either and don't really get that people go seeking out British Chippies (because it wasn't something we didn't do a lot anyway). Having said that on the rare occasion that we've had them here, I've enjoyed the fish and found the batter to be much lighter.

Guest Guest6235

We didn't have all that much either Ali as we don't eat a lot of fatty stuff, but on the occasions we did, we enjoyed them.

Edited by Guest6235

Agree with most above. Can find some great fish but they don't seem to know how to chop up a potato over here

That's because the potatoes over here are utter rubbish. Worst spuds in the world. imo.

Went to 'The great british chippy' in Currambine last Saturday. It looked ok and tasted so so. $36 for two lots of fish n chips and one tub of mushy peas !!!! 5.5/10

They used to be great, but have installed new friers now, gone posh, and serve half the portion they did originally. I agree, they are so so now.

Guest Guest6235

Yeah, the batter was all soggy. It's a shame as it looked the part.