Should I buy dollars now?

ShellyPlatt

Hi all,

I am migrating to Perth with my family in January 2016, should I buy dollars now or wait till early Jan? I am not very clued up on the money transfer process so not sure what is best. I have opened an account with NAB and registered with moneycorp. I will be changing less than £10,000- should I transfer into the NAB account via moneycorp or will I get a better rate taking it in cash and paying into the bank? Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but I am obviously just trying to get the most out of my money!

Any help is much appreciated :-)

Shelly

Hi if the dollars good I would do it now ! We transferred our money last month as the dollar was quiet strong against the pound means when u arrive in Perth ur bank account is already set up for u . I'm sure my husband went through a company as if u transfer through the bank it costs you more . I'll get more info for u when he's home ! Where r u heading

Hi all,

I am migrating to Perth with my family in January 2016, should I buy dollars now or wait till early Jan? I am not very clued up on the money transfer process so not sure what is best. I have opened an account with NAB and registered with moneycorp. I will be changing less than £10,000- should I transfer into the NAB account via moneycorp or will I get a better rate taking it in cash and paying into the bank? Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but I am obviously just trying to get the most out of my money!

Shelly

I'm not a financial advisor.

But the USA will probably raise interest rates this month, and that could cause a substantial drop in the Aussie dollar.

No guarantee. But if I had cash, I'd buy us dollars, or just wait two weeks.

Your call. Good luck.

You will definitely get a better rate if you get Moneycorp to do a transfer for you. A cash rate will be a fair bit less. As for now or wait nobody knows the answer. On that amount of money I doubt there will be much of a fluctuation to make a difference. Personally I would do it now. Bank rate is 2.10 now it was down to about 2.03 last week.

Hi all,

Shelly

Hi Shelly

Happy to have a chat with you - feel free to private message me or we can speak on the phone.

More information on how we can help out can be found here: http://www.perthpoms.com/index.php?pageid=currency-exchange

Thanks

John

Hi if the dollars good I would do it now ! We transferred our money last month as the dollar was quiet strong against the pound means when u arrive in Perth ur bank account is already set up for u . I'm sure my husband went through a company as if u transfer through the bank it costs you more . I'll get more info for u when he's home ! Where r u heading

Thank you! Were heading to family in Huntingdale initially it's all very exciting