Nearly 2 weeks in...update

Childs Family

After 4 years since starting the visa process we finally arrived in Perth on 1 December and a what a great feeling!

We flew with Singapore and had a 6 night stopover there before coming here. We had an amazing time. There was so much to see and do. Our children (9 & 11) loved it and want to go back. Would definitely recommend a visit for anyone considering a stopover en-route.

We're staying at a lovely holiday rental in Dawesville but are looking for a long term rental in Seascapes so the children can attend South Halls Head primary. We visited the school last week and we all really liked it. Have heard lots of good things which is encouraging. So far we've sorted bank cards, new phones, bought a car and viewed a few properties.

ETA for our container is 17 December so all being well we'll be reunited with our belongings beginning of January.

My husband is a dryliner and is looking for work from January so if there are any other dryliners out there who could help with contacts or know of any jobs going it would be great to hear from you.

To be sitting here now is quite surreal and it still feels like a holiday at the moment. The children have been amazing and all my worrying about taking them away from family, friends and all that they knew seems an age ago now. The goodbyes were as awful and difficult as we expected them to be but we did it and now we're sitting here feeling very happy that we've made the move. I know it's early days and real life will kick in once the children are at school and we start work but for now we're just enjoying being here and kicking back after the madness and mayhem of the law few months preparing to come over.

Good luck to anyone making the move. It's worth all the hours sat at the computer completing forms and paperwork!

Sounds like you are having a great time. We fly New Year's Eve but my biggest worry is my keys kids finishing school next Friday and having to say goodbye to all the friends and teachers I know there will be tears

we we are moving to Atwell and already have the girls enrolled for school.

Hiw ow was the car buying process? That's what worries me the most

Sounds like you are having a great time. We fly New Year's Eve but my biggest worry is my keys kids finishing school next Friday and having to say goodbye to all the friends and teachers I know there will be tears

we we are moving to Atwell and already have the girls enrolled for school.

Hiw ow was the car buying process? That's what worries me the most

We bought 2 new cars within a week. It's easy if you have the money. Presuming you don't need finance? was amongst the least of our worries. :)

Someone newer than us! We are in Wannanup, so not far away. Any questions or help needed fire away!

Cars are are bought differently here, you want a car with rego on it and you pay stamp duty on it after purchase. (This isn't a bank breaker!) your rego covers you for third party insurance as well.

Someone newer than us! We are in Wannanup, so not far away. Any questions or help needed fire away!

Cars are are bought differently here, you want a car with rego on it and you pay stamp duty on it after purchase. (This isn't a bank breaker!) your rego covers you for third party insurance as well.

Please note that the Third Party Insurance with your Vehicle Registration (Rego) is cover for injury to people involved in an accident, it does not cover any damage to the vehicle. You need to take out a separate policy with an insurance company for that.